IT Business Analyst
IT Business Analyst
Information Technology (IT), Corporate Center
Job Reference #212800BR
City Kraków, Wroclaw
Job Type Full Time
Do you have a knack for analyzing IT business processes? Are you able to manage projects efficiently? We’re looking for someone like that who can help us:
– determine required IT business solutions and assist in implementing and prioritizing them
– conduct requirements-gathering activities, like evaluating services, using a variety of internal and external data and conducting end user interviews
– support the business engineer by describing the business processes, including the organizational structures involved
– assist in quality control and project management
– identify people and systems impacted by functional and non-functional requirements
Technology is at the very heart of UBS. As a team of thousands of talented women and men, we have a critical role to play in building, delivering and maintaining the systems, services and infrastructure that power our business. So, banking is technology; but really technology is people—and every person has a crucial role to play on the UBS Technology team.
You’ll be working in the Finance, Risk and Analytics Service (FRAS) Technology team in Krakow, Poland. Part of the larger Group Technology organization at UBS, FRAS Technology delivers quality, innovative solutions that support our Group Functions business partners in achieving their operational goals.
Our role is to design and implement IT products that ensure complex regulatory requirements and transformation programs are tracked through to solution. We are shifting away from monolithic platforms toward a microservice architecture and working on all software to be containerized and cloud-ready. We are a global IT team with teams based in the United States, United Kingdom, Switzerland, Poland and India to support our internal clients throughout the world.
– experience applying business analysis techniques (preferably in an Agile environment)
– the ability to interpret a set of technical requirements and develop robust solutions (you know what they really want)
– an understanding of the software development lifecycle and Agile practices
– the capacity to come up with and present options when proposing solutions
– the ability to communicate effectively with both technical and non-technical people
– the willingness to question and challenge priorities and requirements to ensure the team is delivering the most possible value
– an understanding of the software development lifecycle
– strong analytical, problem-solving and synthesizing skills
– appreciation for testing at all levels, and readiness to assist during user acceptance testing phase
– experience managing risk on IT projects
Our current technology stack and collaboration tools:
• Java 8
• Stream processing (Flink, Kafka)
• Elastic Search and Kibana
• A Puppet based internal deployment tool
• Microsoft Teams
We’re going towards:
• Cloud migration (Azure)
Expert advice. Wealth management. Investment banking. Asset management. Retail banking in Switzerland. And all the support functions. That's what we do. And we do it for private and institutional clients as well as corporations around the world.
We are about 60,000 employees in all major financial centers, in more than 50 countries. Do you want to be one of us?
We're a truly global, collaborative and friendly group of people. Having a diverse, inclusive and respectful workplace is important to us. And we support your career development, internal mobility and work-life balance. If this sounds interesting, apply now.
Disclaimer / Policy Statements
UBS is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We respect and seek to empower each individual and support the diverse cultures, perspectives, skills and experiences within our workforce
Our global teams support our business partners by delivering regulatory and transformation programs, as well as providing a resilient production environment.
Our role is to design and implement innovative IT solutions that ensure these complex regulatory requirements are tracked through to solution as well as provide any information necessary to stakeholders to ensure all requirements are ultimately satisfied. We are shifting away from monolithic platform towards a microservice architecture and working on all software to be containerized and cloud-ready.