Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year.
The Merchant Risk Engineering team’s mission is to deliver a robust merchant approval and risk monitoring platform for the timely, transparent, and consistent assessment of merchant risk throughout the merchant lifecycle. This team works in close partnership with our product managers and risk teams to effectively onboard merchants and build automated risk tools in order to minimize losses post-onboarding. Affirm’s stated goal is to build the largest network as measured by the number of users and merchants; a strong merchant risk capability is key to growing the merchant side of the network equation. We are looking for highly motivated senior engineers to help build this team in Poland. Come join us!
New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 100,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Design, develop, and deploy a platform for assessing the legitimacy of any merchant. Scale the platform to onboard millions of merchants while minimizing losses resulting from fraudulent merchants.
- Build tools for our Risk team to enable (1) prompt risk management (2) human-in-the-loop learning, and (3) control merchant fraud losses.
- Partner with Analyst, Data Science, and Product engineering teams to build production machine learning models; your models will decide which merchants we onboard to the Affirm platform in real time
- Develop our understanding of new data sources and how they may improve our existing processes
- Work closely with Affirm’s credit, risk, marketing, and analytics teams to understand our performance modeling strategies and the business drivers underlying those strategies
- Serve as a trusted advisor on the application and implementation of machine learning across Affirm
- B.S. with 4+ years of industry experience, M.S. with 3+ years, PhD with 2+ years, or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated experience designing real time systems and writing production-quality software
- Proficiency writing production-quality software in the development of real-time services
- Strong foundation in machine learning with experience implementing and optimizing machine learning models, preferably industry engineering experience with machine learning projects (e.g. recommendation, ranking, optimization)
- Deep understanding and experience with data engineering, data analysis, and statistical modeling
- Hands on experience with Python, Spark, XGBoost, Airflow, Kubernetes, and AWS (EC2, EMR, EKS, etc) a plus
- Ability to work efficiently both solo and as part of a team; willingness to learn new things
- Passion to change consumer banking for the better, while developing a deeper understanding of applied machine learning
- Business phone
- OS X
- Flexible Spending Wallets
- Company Phone
Affirm’s mission is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. By building a new kind of payment network — one based on trust, transparency and putting people first — we empower millions of consumers to spend and save responsibly, and give thousands of businesses the tools to fuel growth. Unlike credit cards and other pay-over-time options, we show consumers exactly what they will pay up front, never increase that amount, and never charge any late or hidden fees.
The company was founded with the goal to create honest financial products and services that empower consumers and improve lives. It aims to revolutionize the banking industry to be more accountable and accessible to consumers. Today, Affirm provides shoppers an alternative to traditional credit cards at the point of sale, giving them the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments for their purchases. Unlike payment options that have compounding interest and unexpected costs, Affirm shows customers upfront exactly what they’ll pay each month — with no hidden fees and no surprises. Affirm partners with over 6,000 merchants to give shoppers the option to pay with Affirm at checkout including well-known brands across retail including home furnishings, travel, personal fitness, electronics, apparel and beauty, and more. Loans are made in partnership with Afirm’s originating bank partner Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC.
Jeffrey Kaditz, Max Levchin, and Nathan Gettings established the San Francisco, California-based company in 2012. Max Levchin is the CEO.