Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm, Inc. proudly includes Affirm, PayBright, and Returnly.
We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year. Read more about our plans here.
We are looking for a Software Engineer to join our Collections and Recoveries team in Poland, allowing us to recoup money on charged-off loans through third party vendors. Come join this backend engineering team as we expand to different countries and build a seamless integration platform with new vendors. Our aim is to make recoveries experience smooth and comprehensive for Affirm and its vendors.
We are only just getting started! Come join us as we build a beloved, lasting financial services brand predicated on honesty and trust. It’s going to be an amazing ride!
New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 100,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Design and build our Savings platform to grow a major product offering and enable additional use cases like rewards.
- Enhance and refactor core modules of the system to make it more extensible, robust and performant.
- Participate in technical discussions and plans to improve our overall software quality.
- Plan, design, communicate, and implement software systems with an eye towards robust, extensible architecture.
- Develop technical specifications and decompose the specification into tasks and phases.
- Continuously raise the bar in terms of code quality, performance, and systems design.
- 2+ years proven experience as a software engineer.
- Familiarity with deployment and automated testing frameworks.
- Familiarity with Python, Flask, Swagger, Amazon Aurora (MySQL), Amazon S3, Amazon Fargate, Snowflake, Luigi, Airflow and/or Git a plus.
- Ability to collaborate with your team in a fast-paced environment.
- Ambition to change consumer financial services for the better.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills and the capability to drive cross-functional requirements with product and engineering teams.
- Business phone
- OS X
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Flexible Spending Wallets
- Leisure package for families
- Parental Support
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Away Days (on top of PTO)
- Company Phone
Affirm’s mission is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. By building a new kind of payment network — one based on trust, transparency and putting people first — we empower millions of consumers to spend and save responsibly, and give thousands of businesses the tools to fuel growth. Unlike credit cards and other pay-over-time options, we show consumers exactly what they will pay up front, never increase that amount, and never charge any late or hidden fees.
The company was founded with the goal to create honest financial products and services that empower consumers and improve lives. It aims to revolutionize the banking industry to be more accountable and accessible to consumers. Today, Affirm provides shoppers an alternative to traditional credit cards at the point of sale, giving them the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments for their purchases. Unlike payment options that have compounding interest and unexpected costs, Affirm shows customers upfront exactly what they’ll pay each month — with no hidden fees and no surprises. Affirm partners with over 6,000 merchants to give shoppers the option to pay with Affirm at checkout including well-known brands across retail including home furnishings, travel, personal fitness, electronics, apparel and beauty, and more. Loans are made in partnership with Afirm’s originating bank partner Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC.
Jeffrey Kaditz, Max Levchin, and Nathan Gettings established the San Francisco, California-based company in 2012. Max Levchin is the CEO.