Software Engineer (C++)
- Shape the future of GOG Galaxy, our multi-platform desktop app, used by millions of gamers worldwide.
- Develop and own major features in GOG Galaxy and the GOG Galaxy SDK combining client-facing functionalities, networking, gameplay and community.
- Implement performance measurements, testing strategies and optimizations.
- Work with other engineers in SCRUM framework and mentor less experienced team members.
- Stay abreast of emerging new technologies, research new tools and implement best practices.
The sister company of CD PROJEKT RED (responsible for the worldwide success of The Witcher and upcoming Cyberpunk 2077), GOG.com is a digital distribution platform, which offers customers the greatest selection of Windows, Mac and Linux games, both classics and day-one titles, DRM-free, with lots of extra goodies and amazing customer support. Our work environment is relaxed, and the company philosophy often goes against the typical corporate flow. Working in an international team of passionate video game industry professionals, you will not only have the opportunity to expand your skills to their limits but also have fun while doing so. We love what we do and we do it for a reason.
Gamers are the pillars of everything we do. This is why every day we strive to improve the GOG.com experience by adding great new features to our platform and expanding our catalogue with carefully chosen and tested content.
We are looking for passionate Software Engineer to enhance our team working on the GOG Galaxy gaming platform. Join us and build an innovative, cross-platform multiplayer engine that connects players on PCs, game consoles and mobile devices. Work hand in hand with our sister company, CD PROJEKT RED and other AAA game developers on delivering best online gaming experiences that reach millions of gamers.
Who we're looking for?
- Deep knowledge of C++ and relevant experience
- Experience with the client-server architecture
- Experience in developing desktop applications on various platforms (including at least 2 of the following: Windows, MacOS and Linux)
- Experience with multithreaded programming
- Knowledge of software development best practices (version control, testing, deployment, code reviews, clean code etc.).
- Exposure to system architecture
- At least basic knowledge of Python
- Basic knowledge of network protocols and communication (TCP, UDP, HTTP)
- Sound command of English
It's a plus
- Experience in working with various multi-platform UI toolkits (for example: Qt, wxWidgets)
- Experience in programming for mobile platforms (iOS and / or Android)
- Experience in programming on game consoles (XBOX ONE and / or PlayStation 4 and / or Nintendo Switch)
- Experience with Unity3D and/or Unreal Engine
- Knowledge of network and server security issues
- Experience with creating cross-platform software
- Knowledge of Conan dependency manager
- Knowledge of docker and kubernates
- Knowledge of kibana and grafana
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages