Senior Java Developer
- ensuring SOLID and clean code
- recommending tools and solutions for improving existing services
- implementing new features and functionalities
- driving the software delivery process
- pushing forward the technology advancement
- assimilating new technologies and standards
This is great opportunity if you want to create platforms and solutions fabric that will be consumed and followed by other development teams.
This role is crucial within international team developing platform for native cloud global products, while working with SCRUM.
You will be working on a global online application exposing services to many products and thousands of customers worldwide. The solution has been actively developed from scratch from 2016 and uses the best of breed architecture patterns and development technologies.
Never played with RoR before? No worries, we are open for you, if you are open to learn and broaden your skillset. All necessary trainings will be delivered.
The balance is 80-90% Java + 10-20% Ruby on Rails.
There will be opportunity to extend existing continuous integration (CI) workflows (based on MS Azure DevOps) to cater for continuous delivery (CD) to speed our way to production.
You will have a chance to join the team which constantly seeks innovations to improve the solution both functionally and technologically - e.g. we're preparing to move some relevant parts of the application from microservices to serverless technologies (AWS API Gateway/ Lambdas/ Step Functions), and to introduce Machine Learning capabilities.
Note: At the moment we all are working remotely and this job will remain remote for some period of time, however bear in mind there are plans to get back to the office in Sept/Oct 2020, keeping 1-2 days per week of home office. There will be opportunity to extend home office (remote) allowance in the future. Our site is in Bytom, Wrocławska 8.
If you would like to relocate, Sage is providing any support - work permit and guidance free of charge. Relocation bonus may be also an option.
Last but not least, please note this is permanent, long-term career opportunity with 15% annual bonus potential and regular contract with 90% copyrights!
Who we're looking for?
- experience with various projects and frameworks
- keen to share knowlegde and recommend most suitable technologies
- seek for improvement for services receiving +100k queries daily
- willingness to work with mixed technology stack
- openness to play with Ruby on Rails as frontend
- fair level of the spoken and written English (B1+)
- understanding of unit testing and test automation
- ability to understand the formal requirements
How we work?
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking