In this lead role you will be responsible for a team of DevOps in developing, supporting, and overseeing the build and maintenance of client applications for new and existing projects within Swiss Post Solutions organisation document output business, working from SPS’s Gdańsk office.
As a Senior Technical Lead, you will be providing support to your teams in helping junior developers build, develop, troubleshoot & maintain client applications utilising various and complementing toolsets across several different countries. It is not expected that you will be required to build and develop applications yourself, but it is important that you have knowledge & understanding of the tools used so training will be provided.
- Maintain existing systems build with 3rd party tools
- Delivery of the solution/s within the required delivery timescales and budgeted hours
- Mentoring a team of junior developers
- Peer test applications developed by other developers in the team
- Reporting / escalation of issues to Management
- Documentation of scripts and applications developed
- Develop based on guidelines, standards, frameworks and best practices
- Deliver input for solution specification if required
- Take the initiative to constantly do further education and give recommendations for improvements
- Act as subject matter professional
- Manage and update tasks using internal ticketing system (SCP / JIRA), manage time using internal systems (SCP or JIRA)
- Create content for Scope of Works / Impact Analysis documents
- Engage with Project Managers and Project stakeholders across the SPS business
- Attend client calls as required
- Support Service Management to ensure operation of the solution in the designated environment within the agreed service levels
- Preferably completed a degree in Computer Science, Business Informatics or similar programs; or comparable qualifications/certifications with practical experience.
- 5+ years of experience working within applications maintenance or development environment, ideally in a lead or managerial role.
- German language knowledge is advantageous
- Attitude: Professional at all times when dealing with our internal and external clients and proactively represent SPS promoting excellent customer service.
- Independence: can develop according to specification with limited supervision and to assure that the code is complete.
- Reliability: can work under pressure and deliver the results on time
- Proactiveness: proactive involvement during the whole development lifecycle process
- Communication: good communication skills (both written and oral) in English language
- Ability to manage and lead a team
- Additional monitor
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Language courses
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
Swiss Post Solutions
WE CONNECT THE PHYSICAL AND DIGITAL WORLDS
Swiss Post Solutions (SPS) is a leading outsourcing provider for business process solutions and innovative services in document management. A strong international client base relies on SPS’ ability to envision, design and build end-to-end solutions and to be its trusted advisor for the key value drivers in business process outsourcing (BPO): location strategy, process optimization and technology. Part of the Swiss Post Group, SPS’ 7500 employees and specialized partners span the full range of the industry – from insurance, banking, telecommunications, media and retail to energy supply and travel & transportation – addressing customer needs in more than 20 countries.
Our customers rely on us to be their experts in the fields in which they want to stand out from their competition. This makes working for SPS a demanding, but also exciting and challenging experience.