Creation of a Risk Management Tool in Cybersecurity. We are fetching data from multiple source systems and combining them to calculate various Metrics and Control Effectiveness measures.
You'll need to gain deep understanding of the diverse data sources we are dealing with, platform and coding aspects, as well as problem solving. Data from very different systems and process on a global scale is integrated in a single product. This diverse set of data needs to be aligned / mapped into a common structure to provide meaningful value to the users.
Main responsibility - developing the data pipelines.
Fetching the data is handled by another team, the main responsibility is combining data, calculating the metrics and exporting them to the reporting layer in Tableau.
The challenge of the role is to understand the overall data model (100+ tables) and find efficient ways to process and provide the data (billions of records) to Tableau.
- A PhD or Master's degree in Computer Science, a quantitative field (e.g. Statistics, Mathematics, Physics, Economics), or an equivalent education
- 2+ years of work experience as Data Engineer, preferably in the financial industry
- Proficiency in PySpark and familiarity with assembling and analyzing big data sets from disparate sources applying quantitative methodologies.
- Demonstrated ability in building production-ready data pipelines.
- Experience working in agile software team, good knowledge in software life cycle management including version control (GIT)
- Knowledge of reporting tools (e.g. Tableau, Power BI) and experience collaborating with Front-End developers towards the delivery of products displaying visual analytics is an asset.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with proficiency in English
- Dedication to fostering an inclusive culture and value diverse perspectives
- Experience of working in the banking industry
- Business Analysis
- Java, SQL
- Basic understanding of machine learning algorithms
- A very professional, diligent and can-do attitude with experience in managing and communicating with stakeholders
- German is an asset.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!