Our client is a leading global investment banking, securities, and investment management firm that provide a wide range of financial services to a substantial and diversified client base that includes corporations, financial institutions, governments, and individuals.
Join our dynamic global team of talented developers, technical architects, and functional analysts who work in concert to deliver high-profile projects using modern technologies. The goal of this team is the implementation of a unified data strategy to be adopted by the various engineering teams based upon the firm's data platforms, with the appropriate governance and controls for protecting the firm's and clients' data.
- Design and implement new Regulatory reporting to support all global regulatory initiatives. The Regulatory Reports are crucial to the firm fulfilling the requirement of external regulators.
- Solve challenging big data problems. Ensure data correctness while processing millions of rows a day
- Find the most effective ways to aggregate and present the data to end-users. Become a data scientist.
- Use Java/Spring/Spark/Scala technology stack to develop effective data processing services within the data lake.
- Build relationships with end-users to understand the business and suggest improvements to existing tools and processes.
- Connectivity with third-party tools and vendor toolsets
- Working on Client's inhouse visual data modeling toolset - Legend
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of financial instruments across multiple asset classes ranging from high volume FX trades to complex Commodities, Credit, Equities, and Interest Rate derivatives.
Who we're looking for?
- Excellent communication, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Work closely with the end-users and engineering colleagues to create and support the implementation, testing, and rollout of regulatory reports and controls
- Strong organizational skills, attention to detail, mindset of ownership, and excellent follow-through
- Programming skills in Java and or Scala
- Experience with SQL, relational databases and query optimization
- Self-starter able to comfortably read the code and tests and proactively uplift the project
- Experience in using a test-driven development
- Good understanding of data structures, algorithms, and designing for performance and resiliency
- Focus on software quality - ability to write clean code and encourage others to do so
- Openness for acquiring new skills and learning new technologies
- Experience or a strong interest in investment banking or financial products is a plus
- Experience with big data concepts (we use Hadoop and Spark)
- Experience with near real-time transactional systems with NoSQL databases (Kafka, Elastic Search)
- Experience in BPMN and user workflow-based systems