Polcode is a global, remote-first software house on a mission to help companies build and improve their digital businesses, software platforms, eCommerce stores, websites, apps and everything in between.
Are you passionate about building software within the Symfony PHP framework that exemplifies reliability, scalability and maintainability? Ready to join a close-knit team building meaningful software with talented people?
What you’ll do in the role
- Create powerful and configurable backend products more flexible, scalable and maintainable
- Refactor existing codebase to drive up code quality and ease future functionality
- Work across organizational boundaries (business, DevOps, QA, PM)
- Release quality code backed by proven testing techniques
- Drive processes that improve software delivery and cost efficiency, while reducing risk
- Provide daily problem solving and estimations of work
Who we're looking for?
- A passion for programming and keeping up with the latest technologies
- Confident in object oriented software development with PHP 7 and Symfony 3/4/5
- Experience in databases (MySQL) and can optimize queries
- Experience using React.js, Vue.js or Angular in commercial projects
- Knowledge of English at least at a B2 level
- Knowledge of readability and maintainability standards of code focused on clean architecture
- Skill in choosing the right tech solution for a business problem and justify its choice
- Experience in using Docker, ElasticSearch, AWS services and non-relational databases
- Use Git and Doctrine on a daily basis and know how to use them efficiently
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages