Senior Java Engineer
- Customer: Top-tier Investment Bank developing strategic platform for data integration and processing for finance systems.
- Team: team is the center of excellence for the new strategic platform for data integration and processing, working directly with stakeholders in highly collaborative manner.
- Technologies: Working on highly scalable and flexible backend systems institution using technologies like: Java, Spring Boot, React JS, Redux, Oracle.
- Process: Iterative, agile with practices like TDD, pair-programming, retrospections, product backlog.
- On-going learning: Business & technical trainings along with conference attendance
- Technical supervision of other developers
- Establish and support effective development processes
- Provide estimations for the new features, propose architectural solutions
- Remove existing impediments in development process
- Design and implement software components according to business/functional requirements
- Industrialize test suite, perform testing of distributed software components
- Support system integration and user acceptance testing – knowledge of Mockito framework and Cucumber tests beneficial
- Assist in project configuration and requirements management processes, client onboarding
- Analyze existing system code, processes and propose improvements when necessary
Who we're looking for?
- Solid experience in Java, Spring Boot and React JS framework, HTML/CSS, Hibernate
- Experience or keen to learn patterns to using parallel processing, distributed env to scale.
- Experience with UNIX platforms
- Databases: experience with Oracle database
- Strong OOP skills and ability to propose design and implement changes in complex systems;
- Promoting clean code discipline (Clean Code: A Handbook of Agile Software Craftsmanship)
- Problem solving skills
- Pro-active team worker
- Good communication skills