We need brilliant engineers to help bring this technology into new markets and new deployment models. If you want to work in a team with people at least as good as you, if you want to solve the problems encountered when analysing the firehose of network data in real time - capturing, decoding, analysing and indexing at 40Gb/s and more and providing solutions for consumers of real-time and historical, raw and normalised market data - then Corvil is what you are looking for.
Given the success of our Krakow office, we are now expanding to build out a high-class team in Warsaw. We are excited to speak with candidates who will be happy to work remotely initially with a view to setting up an office location in Warsaw when the time is right. We especially want to speak with candidates who are keen to work in a startup environment
- This is an opportunity to join a world-leading engineering team working on the design and development of new features across Corvil entire product range. We are at a tremendously exciting stage with extensive innovative work on-going and an exciting vision to fulfil.
- You will innovate and influence the technical direction of our projects and mentor a team of talented software engineers. As tech lead, you will have control over the design and architecture of our development environment and solutions, with a view to delivering high-quality, scalable code using agile methodologies. You will be expected to write and review code, setting the standard for the team. With frequent production releases you will be accountable for signing off on what goes out the door and what doesn’t.
- We are at a tremendously exciting stage with extensive innovation on-going and an exciting vision to fulfill. As an example, we are currently building out the Virtual Corvil Data Engine which will help our customers scale into hybrid-cloud and cloud environments. With deep support for ~600 protocol flavours, automation is key to driving accuracy and performance of our products at scale. This role requires a leader who will ensure that the quality of our software remains at a very high level, while continuing to meet the demands of an ever-changing, dynamic landscape in the world of trading and beyond.
- If you want to solve the problems encountered when analysing the firehose of network data in real time - capturing, decoding, analysing and indexing at 100Gb/s and more, then Corvil is what you are looking for.
Who we're looking for?
- Bachelors' Degree in Computer Science or equivalent. Minimum 2:1.
- An expert skill level in C++ programming (minimum 8 years experience)
- Expertise in architecting, implementing and co-ordinating the build-out of multiple high-performance, complex platforms.
- Proficiency in software optimisation and tuning in highly complex, multi-threaded environments
- Experience with network stacks, protocols and packet processing
- Experience in using python, shell scripting, makefiles, etc
- Use of best practice CI/CD methodologies to produce a high-performance system that is secure, easy to deploy and maintainable
- An understanding of how to write maintainable, modular code while conforming to coding standards
- An understanding of what it takes to deliver and code a high-availability and high-performance system
- Passionate about technology, design and quality – you can write high quality code together with appropriate tests proving functionality works as expected
- Experience working with hypervisors in cloud environments, both on-premise (VMWare, KVM, etc) and public cloud (AWS, Google, Azure, etc)
- Knowledge of Intel x86 platforms, architecture and tuning
- Knowledge of Linux including kernel and file system internals
- AMD chipsets and supporting hardware (memory & disk controllers, etc)
- Awareness of the implementation details of commonly used C++ features and how to use that knowledge to help implement efficient yet maintainable code
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages