Luxoft, in partnership with AMD, is searching for talented developers with a passion for 3D graphics and driver development experience to join the rapidly growing team in Gdansk. We are hiring software engineers to be part of a game optimization driver team. This is an excellent opportunity to work on the cutting edge of GPU performance for graphics rasterization and ray tracing.
- Analyze graphics and compute shader algorithms in HLSL and identify performance issues and optimization opportunities,
- Analyze GPU execution using AMD internal tools and identify bottlenecks and inefficiencies,
- Experiment and refine optimizations via tools such as Microsoft PIX and implement in AMD driver,
- Investigate and fix performance & functional defects,
- Extend and maintain tests and supporting tools.
Who we're looking for?
- Good understanding of GPU shader execution, SIMD, threads, waves, registers, caches, performance metrics such as latency, bandwidth, throughput, and relation to underline hardware, etc.,
- Good understanding of GPU graphics pipeline and stages, vertices, primitives, rasterization, shading, textures, screen space, Z depth, culling, etc.,
- Strong C/C++ programming skills for fast execution using light weight data structures and efficient algorithms, bit manipulation, pointers, arrays, classes, virtual functions, etc.,
- Familiarity with graphics or GPU compute APIs - DirectX, Vulcan, OpenCL, CUDA, etc.
- Bachelor's degree, Master's degree, or PhD desired,
- Familiarity with game engines such as Unreal Engine, Unity, Cry Engine,
- Familiarity with 3D modeling or CAD tools such as 3D Max, Maya, Solidworks.