Join us as an engineer within the IT Strategy and Architecture Group and help us to develop and support the bank's strategic developer innovation platform which is used by over 30,000 users. We focus on fixing real life problems and then share these solutions with our large user base, some of our current projects focus on Public Cloud, CaaS enablement, Change Management Automation and Infrastructure as Code.
You join the IT Strategy and Architecture Group, our overall mission is to deliver solutions which meet the firms' strategic ambitions for a consistent, centralized and optimized approach to development throughout the bank. We invite you to become part of an inspiring team with many highly skilled specialists and have the opportunity to work in an agile oriented, globally distributed environment. We work closely together with dedicated Business and IT professionals and are involved in many grass root projects.
Our team is Development Practices and our overall mission is to deliver solutions, which meet the company's strategic ambitions for a consistent, centralized and optimized approach in order to ensure a well-managed and efficient software delivery pipeline.
DPG is a distributed team of about 70 peers, with its footprint in many cities across the globe: Dublin, London, Wroclaw, Warsaw, Zurich, NY and Raleigh.
Our wider team is called DevOps & Development Practices Group, and inside it we have smaller teams focused technical tasks. Each team is responsible for creating and delivering the best technologies and solutions for the organization, with robust functionality that is stable, speedy and visually intuitive. Also responsible for making infrastructure better and easier.
- Design, develop and maintain enterprise grade Java-based web applications.
- Take ownership of new features for the Odyssey platform across the full software development lifecycle.
- Innovate strategic solutions within the DevOps space with a focus on Continuous Delivery and Deployment
- Customize and extend commercial and open source solutions by creating, for example, plugins for tools such as JIRA, Jenkins or Gradle
- Identify various opportunities to increase automation in the bank's development and release lifecycle.
- Provide operational support for the Odyssey platform, with a view to automating and simplifying tasks and improving scalability, reliability, performance and resilience.
- Provide technical expertise to the community and collaborate with other engineering teams across the bank.
- Partner with senior stakeholders both in the team and across the bank.
Who we're looking for?
- Experience designing and developing web applications using frameworks such as Spring Boot and Angular.
- Comprehensive knowledge around software development tools Jira, Git, Jenkins, Terraform and Artifactory
- Experience working with container and virtualization solutions.
- Detailed understanding of installing, maintaining and monitoring Java applications on Linux.
- Knowledge around building maintainable and automated tests with frameworks such as Junit, Mockito and Selenium
- You understand the value of diversity in the workplace and are dedicated to fostering an inclusive culture in all aspects of working life so that people from all backgrounds receive equal treatment, realize their full potential and can bring their full, authentic selves to work.
Experience with cooperating with stakeholders