In your role as Junior Application Administrator you will be involved in the operations of new applications or maintain and administer existing ones. Our main technical platforms are Unix and Windows server, Oracle and MS SQL -Database, IBM Websphere AS+MQ, Sterling File Gateway, Connect Direct and some more.
Other duties include gathering and documenting application deployment and administration requirements, incident analyzing and quality assurance. All applications need to be developed, deployed and administered based on the standard Commerzbank architecture and procedures.
Remote work (until the pandemic situation is clarified).
Your main tasks are:
- 2nd Level Support for our products in the cluster
- As a Junior Application Administrator you are responsible for a smooth transition of new applications and releases into environments (Pre-Prod / Prod) to ensure stable operations of the applications within your scope. The role requires a good understanding of application operations as well as of technologies applied (application server, databases, interfaces)
- Interest to take responsibility and drive tasks to completion or to improve procedures and processes
- In close cooperation with the IT Platform team and the software vendor, you will be administered and maintaining the applications. In case of incidents or issues, you will analyze and solve the problems in close collaboration with other involved teams
- You will be performing the acceptance test- and deployment process for new or released applications and interfaces,
- Creation and management of technical documentation
- Weekend work or support at non-standard working times might be required from time to time (e.g. for major releases)
- You are one of the experts within your scrum team for all aspects of the IT platform for the new Tade Finance (deploy and run)
- The team currently developing the new Trade Finance platform consists of business analysts, software architects, developers, application managers, scrum masters and other specialists with diverse backgrounds, but on the common feature: Jointly and dynamically developing and maintaining the best solutions for our customers.
- You will monitor these IT applications, perform the regular morning checks and react to all errors and support their correction
- Get involved in driving the used technology forward (e.g. implementation of CI/CD framework)
Who we're looking for?
What we expect from you:
- Basic knowledge of Application Operation in Cloud Systems
- Good knowledge of Linux/Unix/Windows Server
- Good knowledge of Shell scripting / Perl scripting
- Basic knowledge of relational databases; Oracle, MS SQL
- Basic knowledge of administration and deployment application server technology
- Basic knowledge of Webserver: Webcontainer, Webservices e.g. Tomcat
- Basic knowledge of IBM Websphere MQ
- Basic knowledge of ITIL
- Basic knowledge of application monitoring tools (e.g. Dynatrace)
- Basic knowledge of Java, JEE (for application operation and maintenance)
- Basic knowledge of Connect Direct
Foreign language skills:
- English B2 level - mandatory
- German - nice to have
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking