A successful candidate for the Senior Software Engineer contractor role will join the Platform Engineering Technology team specialized on Data & Enablement IT team in Wroclaw. This individual will deal with complex, interrelated applications and systems being designed for Java, Scala, Python, Big data platforms and Devops. The individual will work with rapidly evolving technologies and internal stakeholders to understand and define unique and innovative solutions for achieving strategic business goals.
The Team is very diverse in both educational backgrounds and previous work experience. When hiring, we put stress on understanding candidate's past experience and how it can benefit the team as well as identifying potential of an individual that we would look to develop to the maximum.
The role gives you a chance to be part of reshaping the organization: new technologies are being developed in the Agile methodology and Devops model. Also, as part of the project team you will have opportunity to witness and put in place solutions for effective Risk Management in the Bank. Global environment (teams working in different locations) and complexity of the projects will keep you challenged, and you can always count on support from the local team!
Data & Enablement team consist of 30+ resource globally and we are in the process of setting up a small team in Wroclaw, Poland. Globally the team is distributed in Zurich, UK, America, India, and Poland. Team skillset includes Business analysis, Software developers, Quality assurance, Test management, Project and program management and beyond.
- Lead modules and development cycle with the ownership on end to end delivery while standing up in production
- Close cooperation with other Software Engineers, Solution Architects, Requirements Engineers, Project Manager and Test Engineers.
- Investigate and resolve complex issues while supporting existing applications running in production.
- Write server-side code for services layers using Apache Spark, Hadoop big data platforms, J2EE stack, Spring Framework, Angular JS.
- Production support and regular maintenance of application and resolve business issues within a timely manner.
- Evaluates detailed business, functional, and non-functional technical requirements (including recovery, security, data volumes, performance and audit).
- Performing review of the requirement specifications prepared by Requirement Engineers.
- Check platform problem reports from business teams, and perform initial filtering and analysis of the problems.
- Performs root cause analysis to prevent recurrence of problem and manages the resolution of complex problems.
- Effectively respond to technical queries / requests from team members and customers.
- Communicate regularly with business and I.T leadership teams.
Candidate Value Proposition:
Specific career development / growth opportunities associated with this position:
- Can develop and maintain applications in challenging IT projects
- Can obtain business knowledge in area of Private Banking and Risk and Finance
- Can collaborate within a team of solution engineers and other roles in a larger IT project
- International exposure (Switzerland) and diverse team
Who we're looking for?
- 6 years (or more) experience for Software Engineer position using Java, Spring, Scala, Hadoop technical stack.
- Experience in building application using Cloudera platform (or Equivalent) Spark, Hive, Impala, Hbase etc.
- Experience in building application using popular front end technology like Angular JS.
- Experience in the design and implementation of multi-tier application platforms.
- Experience working with Web Services.
- Experience in writing SQL and PLSQL.
- Added advantages having working experience in Python.
- Added advantages having working experience in Devops tools like Kubernetes, Docket, Open shift, Gitlab
- Fluent written and spoken English.
- Experience in development, roll-out and maintenance of complex applications.
- Practical experience working with Git, Jenkins and other Devops tools.
- AGILE méthodologies (Scrum, Agile, Kanban etc).
- Scala is optional if the candidate's experienced in Spring and Spark