Senior Solution Engineer
- This role is accountable for contributing within MES (manufacturing execution system) product team for the technical solution design, configuration, customization & continuous improvement of Vaccines MES system in alignment with agile and DevOps principles, working with a Manager or Director of Engineering, Architect, Facilitator and Product Owner or Product Director.
- The Solution Engineer (MES) is a role focusing on engineer proficiencies e.g. Software Development, Testing, DevOps, Lifecycle Management, etc. and the ability to optimally collaborate with specialists from other subject domains.
- In addition, the role will demonstrate core engineer knowledge/experience of industry technologies like SQL databases, Visual Basic, PL-SQL.
- Ensures continuous delivery of technology solutions, application configuration, customization, integration with ERP & strategic enterprise platforms with automation layer (OSI PI), as well as managing of the recipe component libraries.
- Ensures that technical delivery is fully aligned with GSK Security, Quality and Regulatory standards
- Ensures use of relevant Vx Tech / central services and collaborating with service partners in identification and delivery of service improvements
- Supports Product Owner and product team to deliver value continuously, encouraging and maintaining close links with customers, related Solution groups
- Proactively develops and delivers continuous improvement/simplification of Product portfolio to improve user efficiency, increase system reliability and reduce the total cost of ownership
- Keeps relevant user documentation up to date in support of the lifecycle plan for audits/reviews.
- Pro-actively engages in experimentation and innovation to drive steadfast improvement e.g. to UX/DQ/DI and reducing technical debt/risk
- Provides technical direction and GSK expertise to product teams
- Contributes to release planning working closely with the Product Owner
Who we're looking for?
- Master degree in Computer Engineering or related fields (consult manager on related fields)
- 5+ years’ experience in software development (Visual Basic, PL-SQL)
- Experience with data structures (i.e. information management), data models or relational database design (SQL databases)
- Experience in agile development and DevOps
- Experience in Enterprise Transactional systems, Application configuration & customisation
- Change control & release managment
- Track record of development and delivery of flexible, scalable and supportable IT systems
- Superb communication, influencing and partner management skills
- Customer focus and excellent problem-solving skills
- Fluent English
- If you have the following characteristics, it would be a plus:
- Experience with Manufacturing Execution Systems
- Experience with Automation Systems
- Experience with data integration mechanisms (SAP)
- Experience in system validation and qualification
How we manage our projects?
Scrum, Agile, Kanban
Who makes architectural decisions?
Team and tech leads
Who makes technology stack decisions?
Project management software
JIRA, Microsoft Teams, Azure Devops
How we code?
Static code analysis
How we test?
Flexible working hours
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages