Currently, we are looking to hire an Engineering Manager in our Katowice office or remote in Poland.
As the leader of a cross-functional engineering team, you are responsible for the growth and development of the people on your team, you successfully drive the execution of product, project as well as infrastructure work, and you actively engage to deliver business outcomes for our customers. You develop and empower engineers within your team by promoting trust, accountability and compassion. You will drive the organisational alignment of your team, communicate effectively and take action based on feedback.
- Guide and engage the team with servant leadership to find the best ways to achieve desired results and impact together.
- Support and develop the team members by providing advice, coaching and educational opportunities.
- Propose and drive processes to facilitate and promote communication, transparency and trust.
- Grow the technical engineering team and foster an agile engineering culture.
- Support peers and stakeholders to design, develop and integrate complex cloud-based solutions and data-driven systems.
- Work together with peers to improve communication channels and ensure alignment between teams.
- Together with the team, support delivery by providing estimations, context and clarity to ensure the team delivers the agreed work with quality and excellence.
- Report and work together with the Director of Engineering to create and drive initiatives to improve the business and teams worldwide.
Who we're looking for?
- A minimum of 3 years' experience leading multidisciplinary technical teams and providing feedback and coaching in a start up environment, in roles such as Engineering Manager, Team Manager
- Experience in managing distributed international teams
- Proven experience of minimum 3 years in software development and/or technical leadership
- Experience with at least one programming paradigm e.g. OOP, functional etc.
- Experience in Software Design, Development and Architecture
- Experience with agile development lifecycles and methodologies (Scrum, Kanban), and tools (Jira, etc.)
- Strong written and communication skills in English
- Strong organisational skills and ability to work independently
- A team player with the ability to work in complex cross-functional teams
- Experience with IoT platforms and services (AWS, Azure, etc)
- Experience with Java or Python
- Familiar with AI concepts
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages