As a SAR Analytics Geospatial Data Engineer, your role is to build tools and workflows that automate and accelerate the creation of SAR and InSAR products, leveraging ICEYE’s unique data. You are experienced and familiar with geospatial and remote sensing data and applications. You will build scalable services and tools to help partners implement, deploy and analyze SAR data assets with a high level of autonomy and limited friction. You will help ensure processes are scalably and robustly executed in a cloud-based environment against large geospatial datasets. You want to build best-in-class solutions using robust coding practices and the latest tech to excel Analytics at ICEYE.
The analytics team utilizes a hybrid work model with a mixture of in-person and remote work. Relocation support is provided. Depending on the candidate, the role can be up to 100% remote.
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our InSAR Team and looking for a SAR Analytics Data Engineer to join our Global Analytics Team. You will report to the Director of Analytics.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- Occupational healthcare, occupational and private insurance
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, relocation buddy program)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees (e.g. sports events, team-building events, parties, etc.)
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
- Turn bespoke processes and prototypes into highly automated and robust workflows
- Design and develop scalable and resilient services/data pipelines for SAR processing using modern big data technologies
- Help to design, build and maintain infrastructure and tooling to enable the development and deployment of InSAR products at ICEYE
- Improve data quality and reliability of pipelines through proper monitoring and failure detection
- Drive process discovery and resolution of technical blockers; generate ideas, and identify/solve problems
- Produce simple, high-quality clean code using frameworks, services, and reusable assets where possible
- Software/data engineering professional experience
- Crafting and building robust distributed microservices with tools like Docker, Kubernetes, AWS ECS/EKS etc.
- Proficient in object-oriented and functional programming languages like Python and Go
- Strong dedication to code quality, automation, and operational excellence: CI/CD pipelines, unit/integration tests
- We work with huge amounts of geospatial data so having experience with those is a huge plus.
- Software testing experience
- Experience with Optical and SAR remote sensing data is an asset
- Knowledge of coordinate systems, datums, and reference frames
- Experience manipulating geospatial data in raster and vector formats
- Experienced with the use of GDAL libraries in the command line and Python
- Familiar with data visualization for 2D and 3D datasets
- Experienced working in multi-site development organizations
- Pakiet medyczny
- Kursy językowe
- Tymczasowe mieszkanie
- Zimne napoje
- Gorące napoje
- Parking dla rowerów
ICEYE Polska Sp. z o.o.
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!