About the client: Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About the project: We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Window Server Engineer. Successful candidate will become a part of a client team responsible for all aspects of the Windows Server estate across the client's organization
About our team: Rapidly expanding group developing and supporting a range of client projects.
We are working remotely in client environment. Currently the team operates fully in WFH mode.
OVERVIEW OF THE DEPARTMENT/SECTION:
Datacentre Virtualisation are responsible for supporting and maintaining VMWare and Nutanix technologies for Bank EMEA and Securities International
The main purpose of the role:
· Responsible for managing, maintaining, enhancing Virtualisation technologies across the BANK.
· Member of L3 BAU and Project support team providing subject matter expertise and ultimate escalation
· Implement tools and processes for efficient and effective operational management of the environment
· Define and implement service catalogue whilst ensuring workload is kept within defined parameters
· Produce clear supporting documentation to provide first and second-line of support
· Provide deep technical assessments of ticket queues to identify and address issues in a holistic manner
· Perform root cause analysis to resolve any technical issues that escalate
· Strive to permanently eliminate issues through automation opportunities and sustainable long-term fixes
· Partner with SRE team to identify areas for continuous improvement, automation and self-service
· Ensure all project / investment workloads are delivered according to plans and budget defined
· Liaise with Infrastructure Control and IT Risk teams to satisfy internal and external audit requests
· Manage the lifecycle of virtualisation products and maintain strong relationships with vendor partners
· Effectively manage Vulnerability Management and Security Compliance remediation agenda
· Deputise for team lead when required to do so and act-up accordingly
· Take part in On-Call & weekend work rotation; triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
· Identify cost saving and optimisation opportunities across the group
· Build strong working relationships across the organisation
· Adhere to the core values of the bank
· Perform daily health and compliance checks for all systems as required
· Ensure all Virtualisation systems are backed up successfully and any issues are promptly resolved
· Validate monitoring alerts and batch job failures are detected promptly and satisfactorily resolved
· Ensure sufficient capacity is available to accommodate drive growth
· Respond to emails sent to the team distribution list / mailboxes in a timely manner
· Handle incidents and requests with efficiency and a “customer first” mindset
· Maintain Virtualisation platforms in a highly available, reliable, secure and performant manner
· General Virtualisation maintenance activities · Provide technical support to application support and development teams
· Provide consultancy to application support and development teams
· Execute disaster recovery procedures when necessary and take part in regular DR tests
· Ensure patches and security updates are applied as per defined policies
· Develop and maintain all operational procedures to ensure they are current and accurate
VMware and Nutanix – Complete management of the vmware and Nutanix infrastructure. Installing, upgrading hosts and vcenters.
Migrations between clusters and hardware. Migrations to Nutanix.
The team do not look after Windows or Linux VMs. We are only concerned with the Virtualization platform itself and everything around that.
· Current and previous versions of VMWare and Nutanix and related technologies
· Scripting and programming languages such as PowerShell, Bash and Python
· Hardware troubleshooting and fault diagnosis (Dell, Cisco UCS, IBM, HP)
· Ability to tune Network, Storage, Server and Virtualisation layers for optimal performance and reliability
· Networking Protocols (TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VLAN’s)
· Disk provisioning, expansion and de-provisioning activities
· Server snapshot administration and other OS related virtualisation tasks
· DNS and IP address administration
· Firewall configuration activities
· Fluent in Backup and Recovery processes and procedures
· Advanced knowledge of Clustering, High-Availability, Replication and Disaster Recovery techniques
· Excellent Performance Tuning skills, in-depth knowledge of system internals
· Ability to interpret and implement CIS security hardening recommendations in a controlled manner
· Acute awareness of Security and Auditing requirements in a regulated environment
· AWX / Ansible Tower
· Git, Ansible, Terraform and TeamCity
· Serena Deployment Automation (SDA) and Jenkins
· Kubernetes and Docker
· “Infrastructure as Code” Principles and practices.
· “Continuous Integration (CI) and Continuous Development (CD)” Principles and practices
· Agile, Site Reliability Engineering (SRE) and DevOps Principles and practices
· Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos
· IBM Tivoli / Netcool · Cloud computing - IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings across Azure, AWS, GCP and Oracle · Knowledge of data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOXNICE TO HAVE
· Current and previous versions of Microsoft Windows Server and related technologies
· Current and previous versions of RHEL, Oracle Linux, Oracle Solaris and related technologies
· Dell EMC PowerStore (SAN) and Isilon (NAS)
· Rubrik, EMC Networker, Data Domain and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
· Cisco Tetration
· JIRA and Confluence
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!