The Software Engineering team delivers next-generation application enhancements and new products for a changing world. Working at the cutting edge, we design and develop software for platforms, peripherals, applications and diagnostics — all with the most advanced technologies, tools, software engineering methodologies and the collaboration of internal and external partners.
Join us as a Software Principal Engineer on the PowerMax Mainframe Enablers Development Team in Poland to do the best work of your career and make a profound social impact.
PowerMax is the industry-leading high end storage array. It delivers unparalleled resiliency and security to datacenters throughout the world, along with premium performance in all its many features. Performance engineering is central to the design and implementation of cutting-edge features and hardware components as the platform continues to evolve.
The Software Principal Engineer plays a critical role in designing and developing software to be used by Dell EMC customers to control and manage VMAX and PowerMax storage arrays in IBM z/OS environments. As a Principle Engineer you are responsible for the design, development, testing, documentation and analysis of modules or features of new or upgraded software systems and products.
- Provide technical expertise for developing solutions for a wide range of complex software engineering problems, which requires frequent use of ingenuity and creativity
- Provide work leadership to others. Interface with senior management to provide and obtain information and to build consensus regarding project direction.
- Collaborate with people across geographies and different functions
- Participate in the creation of software development artifacts, including functional requirements, design specifications, code and user documentation
- Be accountable for the delivery of assigned tasks. Operate with a sense of urgency, anticipating issues and taking appropriate actions.
- Be responsible for testing your software changes in a variety of configurations
- 6-8 years relevant experience, Bachelors (Technical), Masters preferred
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills
- Demonstrated software development background
- Software development skills in z/OS Assembler architecture
- Experience in z/OS operations, JCL, z/OS systems programming, z/OS internals, z/OS Macros and Facilities, IBM z/OS Utilities
- Ability to work in a geographically dispersed team environment
- TSO\ISPF, REXX experience is a plus
- Working knowledge of IPCS, XDC GTF, SCLM
- C/C++ (or other programming language) knowledge is a plus
- Dodatkowy monitor
- Pakiet medyczny
- Lunch card
- Life insurance
- Kursy językowe
- Parking dla samochodów
- Parking dla rowerów
- Zimne napoje
- Gorące napoje
Our story began with a belief and a passion that everybody should have easy access to the best technology anywhere in the world. That was in 1984 in Michael Dell’s University of Texas dorm room. Today, Dell Technologies is instrumental in changing the digital landscape the world over. From hybrid cloud solutions to high-performance computing to ambitious social impact and sustainability initiatives, what we do impacts everyone, everywhere. At Dell Technologies there are endless challenges and rewards. Opportunities across the globe. A team fueled by collaboration. A culture that foster innovation and values a diverse and inclusive workplace.
Dell Technologies has been present in the Polish market for 30 years and this year (2022) we decided to expand our innovations business. We are opening a Software R&D Center. For this, we’re building a team of hundreds of innovators who want to make a lasting impact on our solutions—and on the future of technology across the industry. We are actively hiring software engineers, tech leaders and more. These opportunities are opened remotely across Poland.