About Markets and Security Services Technology
Global Banking and Markets (GBM) provides financial services and products to corporates, governments and institutions worldwide, building partnerships with them to help them achieve consistent, long-term performance. We use the strength of Banks's international network to connect emerging and mature markets, covering key growth areas. Our products and services include advisory, financing, prime services, research and analysis, securities services, trading and sales, and transaction banking.
The Markets and Security Services (MSS) Technology team is dedicated to supporting GBM by working in partnership with business leaders who rely on us for delivering innovative, robust, stable platforms to enable their investment and financial solutions for clients. Join MSS Technology and be part of the global connectivity, collaboration and team that spans across 20 countries. Canada is at the epicentre of MSS Technology's global growth and development plan.
About MSS Digital eDistribution Team
We are changing how software development is done within a bank, and with success.
To give you an idea of what we've done in the last year or so here is just one statistic - the number of releases to production:
- 2014 - around 30
- 2015 - over 620
- 2016 - over 5000
- 2017 - over 10,000
- 2018 - over 12,000
- 2019 - over 15,000
- 2020 - over 23,000
- 2021 - over 32,000
When we tell people this, they usually respond with... "...but this is a bank!" Others in the organisation have called us purple unicorns.
What are we doing?
Our group are building the next generation digital platform for Global Banking and Markets in the Bank. Our product is delivered to external users and to Sales users in over 40 countries. Our current focus has been on Cash FX execution, now we are broadening our scope to other asset classes such as FX Options and Money Markets.
We hope to make the lives of our Sales people much better by improving their experience on the desktop allowing them to spend more time building relationships and advising our customers.
Whilst doing this we are changing the bank in many ways:
- We are dealing with lots of legacy systems in the bank, we are strangling some of these and exposing their functionality through APIs
- We have a lot of tech debt in our own systems and we are iterating it all of the time, improving the estate whilst delivering business value
- In order to move at pace across multiple teams we are breaking down monolithic architectures to smaller services with well bounded business contexts
- We are pushing to change how development teams work with other groups in the bank such as infrastructure, security, business risk. We are helping to drive the banks' wider DevOps agenda and breaking down the silos that have become so prevalent over the last decade
- We help other teams to move faster, by showing them simple techniques they can implement immediately to move towards continuous delivery
- We are delivery focused, and out of the 100 people we have working on product 80% are in development roles. Our programme and project management function is lean
How are we doing it?
We are agile in its truest sense. We have a vision, we always do the smallest possible thing and iterate on the back of feedback. We are product driven, not project driven.
We relentlessly focus on getting working software in to the hands of users. We are changing everything we do all the time to minimise waste and to get faster.
Our relationship with the business is unbelievable; we operate as a single team and there are no barriers between us. We take pride in the quality of the software we deliver to our users, we are disciplined and move at pace with repeatability, safety and control. We don't just talk, we do.
Our current technology stack is:
- Java on the backend
- HTML5 on the front end -
- PostgreSQL, Oracle and SQL Server Databases
What are we looking for?
We need your help to continue improving and grow, and that's what is why we are hiring.
We are not perfect... perfection would stand in the way of progress. We are looking for all sorts of people in our teams, but our focus right now is developers at all levels, from graduates to experts in their field.
In particular, we're looking for developers who are happy to roll up their sleeves and get stuff done.
If there is something in the way of us getting working software into the hands of our users, we step in and get it moving - whether that means doing some analysis, coding, testing or releasing. Everyone in our team does production support on rotation for a day per month, and everyone also releases code to production.
We value specialism but we don't have fixed roles - our firm belief is that everyone must contribute to software in production.
We are looking for people who are flexible in their approach and who are happy to try new things and experiment, and be comfortable in throwing experiments away to start again if they don't work. The number of years experience you have does not really matter to us, rather we look at your potential and how we can help you grow.
We are looking for people that are curious about technology and are happy to play. Some of the people that we are looking for will have played with Puppet, Docker, Clojure, Rust, Haskell, InfluxDB, Go... we don't use all of these right now but we value new points of view being put across all the time.
You don't need to have prior experience working for an investment bank. In fact, we'd love to hear from more people working outside banking to see if they can bring a twist to what we do and help us grow our culture.
- Work with other team members and liaise with nominated business stakeholders when required to ensure that business requirements are fully understood before commencing design and development.
- Draw-up detailed technical designs for components in response to business requirements and high-level technical architecture
- Implement best-of-breed technical solutions based on agreed technical design, adopting industry standard development patterns and methodologies (including continuous integration and automated unit and integration testing)
- Fully test implemented solutions in advance of User Acceptance Testing
- Assist (when required) with the deployment of components to development and test environments
- Developers in our team are expected to own the end to end delivery of software from analysis through to release to production and support. We work in small iterative cycles and typically release software daily to production.
- Experience of SQL and relational databases is advantageous.
- Experience of working in Linux/Unix environments is advantageous.
- Experience of REST services is advantageous.
- Good communication skills
- Strong analytical, problem solving skills and decision making skill required.
- Able to adapt to working in different roles and on different technologies
- Take ownership of delivery of business requirements
- Self-motivated, enthusiastic and ability to learn with minimal supervision under pressure
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!