We’re at the forefront of the data revolution, committed to building the world’s greatest data and applications platform. Our ‘get it done’ culture allows everyone at Snowflake to have an equal opportunity to innovate on new ideas, create work with a lasting impact, and excel in a culture of collaboration.
Our Quality Engineering team is actively seeking Senior Software Engineers in Test to join our fast growing organization. In this role you will provide technical leadership and strategic direction for the testing organization. You will be driving the development of end-to-end automated tests, automation frameworks, and tools to have robust automated testing pipelines for the Snowflake Data Cloud.
This is a hands-on role in which you will design and code comprehensive testing frameworks while taking on a technical leadership role, improving productivity of our development/Quality Engineering teams and bringing standardization to our processes and practices.
Reporting to the Quality Engineering Manager, you will collaborate with a world-class team of both industry veterans and rising stars to ensure that we are shipping the highest quality service possible at each weekly release. This an awesome opportunity to work with cutting edge cloud technology in a highly visible role.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL GET TO:
- Drive quality across all disciplines, providing guidance, feedback, and suggestions to improve quality practices across engineering organization
- Partner with a project team of engineers, designers and Technical Program Managers to drive quality early and often in SDLC
- Contribute to technical leadership and strategic direction to continuously improve the Quality Engineering Organization
- Author and enhance test plans based on feature requirements and specifications, as well as technical discussions and deep dives with engineers
- Build, enhance and maintain automation frameworks utilized by team to automate critical user scenarios for regression testing
- Prioritize and execute test scenarios in a Snowflake environment that’s representative of customers’ schema and workloads
- Partner with Support and Engineering to investigate, troubleshoot and identify/implement fixes for customer facing issues
ON DAY ONE WE WILL EXPECT YOU TO HAVE:
- 5+ years of industry experience in Quality Engineering with hands-on UI software engineering experience, specifically testing, frameworks and automation
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of standard quality best practices, techniques and methodologies to drive continuous quality improvements
- Proven quality leader that can drive quality, identify and mitigate risks and partner with teams to build quality in every phase of the SDLC
- Strong experience writing UI/API smoke, regression, and end to end tests to ensure integration points are thoroughly tested
- Proven experience developing comprehensive and effective UI test automation using tools like Playwright, Cypress, Puppeteer
- Strong API test automation experience
- Experience with continuous integration / continuous deployment systems like Jenkins
- Strong CS fundamentals including OO concepts, data structures, and distributed systems
- Strong database understanding including SQL
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Adaptation tips
- Visa Services
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Bicycle parking
- Car parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
Snowflake delivers the Data Cloud—a global network where thousands of organizations mobilize data with near-unlimited scale, concurrency, and performance. Inside the Data Cloud, organizations unite their siloed data, easily discover and securely share governed data, and execute diverse analytic workloads. Wherever data or users live, Snowflake delivers a single and seamless experience across multiple public clouds. Snowflake’s platform is the engine that powers and provides access to the Data Cloud, creating a solution for data warehousing, data lakes, data engineering, data science, data application development, and data sharing. Join Snowflake customers, partners, and data providers already taking their businesses to new frontiers in the Data Cloud.