If you have a strong IT expertise in software development, first steps in IT advisor role and you are going to develop your career to more strategic / managerial roles in the future, the Senior Consultant role is a perfect position to start this journey.
The Software Strategy team (SSG) serving private equity investors and their portfolio companies from diligence through strategy and execution. SSG provides investment and acquisition guidance (including commercial, product, and technology diligence), strategy/value creation and transaction advisory services to companies and investors in the software economy.
Our projects will give you an opportunity to work within international and vibrant environment of enthusiastic and top skilled people. Working for EY means a strong commitment to develop your knowledge of modern technologies and contact with the largest companies on the market.
You will have an opportunity to develop your technological expertise and gain experience from the big global organizations from UK, US or Germany.
We are a group of experienced industry professionals with a background in IT and Operations.
Our team is not a “regular army” but ”Navy SEALs” making real impact on our client’s IT.
You will be working in a M&A transaction projects and will be mostly responsible for consulting high-class solutions and successfully delivering IT solutions and projects for the global companies in Europe and US.
SSG team members conduct primary and secondary research, synthesize and analyze data, build and test hypotheses, and deliver strategic advice to our clients to help them make informed decisions. We have developed the models, benchmarks and methods designed for the software economy.
As part of the Software Strategy Group, you will build bridges between technology and business models in order to create transparency in transaction situations and strategy projects. They examine all types of software, but also interview CTO’s, developers and various IT specialists and discuss the results with investors.
- Automated and manual analyses of source code, software architectures, software system landscapes and mobile applications
- Examination of software development processes, software deployment in both on-premise and cloud environments and the tools used for this
- Assessment of the software and especially its functionalities with regard to the company’s business model
- Advising clients on transformative issues, e.g. refactoring software or converting software development processes
To qualify for the role, you must have
- At least 5 years of professional experience in one of the following areas: software development (at a corporate level or start-up), digital transformation, analytics or modelling
- Completed degree as a computer scientist or industrial engineer, ideally with a focus on software development and the cloud
- Mastery of one or more programming languages (C #, Python, Java, etc.), ideally experience with microservice-oriented architecture in multi-cloud environments
- Ability to travel and work across EU (approximately 30% annually after COVID)
- Excellent written and verbal command of English and other European language (e.g. French, Spanish, Italian)
Ideally, if you also have
- University degree in field related to IT
- Experience in building strong working relationships with senior clients, including influence, advice and support to key decision makers
- Already gained experience in international environment (especially with US and UK)
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Q&A
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Business phone
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: PMI, Agile, SCRUM
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Visa Services
- Sign up bonus
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Chill room
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Playroom for children
- Integration events
EY GDS Poland
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) provides services to EY worldwide. It is an ever-growing, integrated network of centers that provides innovative, scalable and tailor-made business services to EY member companies.
EY GDS provides services in many areas, and the diversity of projects and facilities creates a dynamic, multicultural and inclusive work environment in which "talent, energy and innovation" are the three core values of employees.
EY GDS offices in Poland are located in Wrocław and Warsaw. They work with eight countries – Poland, Argentina, China, India, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Hungary and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the implementation of EY's growth strategy.