Carrier’s Digital Products and Software team is building solutions to reimagine the systems that shape the way we live, work, and learn. We're setting the standard for healthier, safer, and more resilient built environments – and connecting the cold chain to improve the process of safely shipping and storing food and critical medical supplies.
Carrier is a global leader in Heating, Ventilation, and Air Conditioning (HVAC), Refrigeration, and Fire & Security segments with an unmatched product and service portfolio. Carrier’s Digital Products and Software team is responsible for a range of high impact digital products to drive profitable growth for the company. This team brings together exceptional talent to have unparalleled impact on the company’s direction. In addition to a rewarding experience on a high performing team, this experience will position the right candidate for a strong career trajectory at Carrier.
As a Software Engineer you'll work as part of a highly technical team of professionals who are responsible for development and deployment of cost effective and sustainable infrastructures to meet business requirements. You will participate in the domain technical and business discussions relative to future architect direction of the product.
Build a Career with Confidence
At Carrier, you’re joining the world leader in healthy, safe, sustainable and intelligent building and cold chain solutions. We create solutions that matter for people and our planet – and our employees are the heart of it all. We are a company of innovators and problem-solvers who are united by The Carrier Way – our vision, values and culture. As an employer of choice, we strive to provide a great place to work that attracts, develops and retains the best talent, promotes employee engagement, fosters teamwork and ultimately drives innovation for the benefit of our customers. We strive to create an environment where all feel that they _belong, with diversity and inclusion as the engine to growth and innovation. We develop and deploy best-in-class programs and practices, providing enriching career opportunities, listening to employee feedback and always challenging ourselves to do better. In short, Carrier’s greatest assets are the expertise, creativity and passion of our employees – and we’re excited for you to join the team.
- Define architecture frameworks for cloud services that integrate AWS native services with other off the shelf, third party platforms and provide abstraction layers as well as analytics.
- Participate in Scrum ceremonies and lead the development team in estimating t-shirt sizes, Story Points, and overall sprint goal and capacity to achieve sprint backlog.
- Drive the use of off-the-shelf solutions, where most applicable, leveraging the abundance of Cloud native services and third-party tools.
- Support the development of high level architecture to align the business expectations and define the project milestones.
- Assist in the analysis, design and development of a roadmap and implementation from current state to the future state with cohesive architecture.
- Strong experience in test driven development (TDD) and unit testing, leveraging automation toolsets.
- Assess the security gaps in the deployment and address them before Production.
- Partner with technical leaders and others to support organization’s automation (testing, pipelines, deployments, etc. on cloud).
- Mentor development team members.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- At least 4-5 years of professional experience in Software Development.
- Experienced in Typescript with knowledge of AWS services (IOT Core, Kinesis, Lambda, Neptune, DynamoDB).
- At least 2-3 years of experience creating and maintaining CI/CD tooling.
- Implementation Knowledge of APIs, REST & MQTT protocols is a must.
- Great knowledge in Agile/Scrum methodology.
- Experience in Microservices Architecture.
- Good Knowledge on Cloud security & security design control implementation.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills .
- AWS Certified Professional Certifications.
- Exposure to GCP Cloud Design and Deployment.
- Knowledge in BigQuery, pub/sub, firestone/firebase and cloud storage transfer.
- AWS Timestream.
What can we offer you
- Working with a highly talented development team
- Friendly working atmosphere
- Flexible working hours
- Hybrid work
- Competitive salary
- Carrier Employee Scholar Program
- The ability to advance within Carrier
- Private medical care
- Pension plan with life insurance
- In house English lessons
- Lunch card
- Multisport card