Our client is a US-based hedge fund, investment management division of one of the largest banks in the world. For nearly 30 years they are leaders in custom solutions with 400 billion dollars spread across global equity, bond, and derivative markets.
You will be working in a squad of about 4-8 developers and implement existing initiatives. The primary focus will be on evolving architecture and tooling to be more scalable, follow the latest industry standards. The job requires experience in distributed systems, messaging, real-time and batch data processing, and AWS services.
Due to compliance and other constraints from our client whole team will be working from our office in Poland - you can choose between Lublin or Wroclaw.
We hire people not for a project but for the company. If the project (or your work on it) is over you go to another project or to a paid “Idle”.
- Communications with tech stakeholders, discussing architecture and initiatives
- Splitting existing monolithic structure into smaller projects with modular architecture
- Writing architectural documentation
- Technical interview and guidance of development teams
- Enhance DB migrations to support multiple dialects including MySQL and PostgreSQL
- Standadrize and simplify testing practices, speed up test creation and execution
We are looking for Senior/Team Lead Java, who will manage a team of 6-8 developers based in Wroclaw's or Lublin's DataArt offices.
- Knowledge about software architecture and design patterns (IOC/DI, DAO, Observers, Factory, AOP, etc.)
- Excellent knowledge of Java 8 & 17 LTS, Spring, Spring Boot, Spring Testing, Git
- Experience with Database Migrations, Multiple DB Dialects, Hibernate, JPA, OpenAPI
- Experience with Containers/Docker, Messaging, Microservices, Distributed Caching
- Strong understanding of relational database design and SQL Select (including related syntax/features)
- Experience working with AWS services plus at depth in one area (S3, ECS, EKS, RDS, Secrets Manager, etc.)
- Understanding of Agile SDLC using standard Jira/Bitbucket workflows
- Code performance analysis, scalability and performance optimization skills
- Team player with initiative and a results-oriented attitude, a good sense for quality
- Great communication skills, spoken English
Would be a plus
- Experience in the finance industry
- Working knowledge of FIX protocol, Order Management System (OMS)
- AWS certificates: Developer, Associate Architect, Architect
- Implementation of serverless architecture (AWS Lambda)
- Experience working with NoSQL databases, Testcontainers, Snowflake, JCache, Alfresco, SonarQube, Jetty, Tomcat, Quarkus, Liquibase, Flyway, Gradle, GraphQL, Archunit, Okta or any other modern enterprise identity management and authorization services
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Methodology: Agile
- Architectural decisions are made by: Team
- Who chooses technology: Architect
- Developers: 8
- Testers: 2
- Project Managers: 1
- Project management software: JIRA
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Visa Services
- Adaptation tips
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Integration events
DataArt is a global software engineering firm that takes a uniquely human approach to solving problems. With over 20 years of experience, teams of highly-trained engineers around the world, deep industry sector knowledge, and ongoing technology research, we help clients create custom software that improves their operations and opens new markets. Powered by our People First principle, we work with clients at any scale and on any platform, and adapt alongside them as they evolve.
We integrate our engineering excellence with deeply human values that drive our business and our approach to relationships: curiosity, empathy, trust, honesty, and intuition. These qualities help us deliver high-value, high-quality solutions that our clients depend on, and lifetime partnerships they believe in.
DataArt has earned the trust of some of the world’s leading brands and most discerning clients, including Nasdaq, Travelport, Ocado, Centrica/Hive, Paddy Power Betfair, IWG, Univision, Meetup and Apple Leisure Group among others.
DATAART IN NUMBERS
- 5000+ professionals.
- 25 years in operation.
- 26 offices in the USA, Europe, and Latin America.
- 13 countries.
- <10 % attrition rate.
- 31% women.
- Glassdoor review score — 4.8.
Team satisfaction survey 2020
- 95 % of our team members are ready to recommend us as a good employer to their friends.
- 92 % of our team members are ready to spend 2+ more years of their career with us.
- 75 % are satisfied with their total deal with DataArt.
- Healthcare & Life Sciences.
- Retail & Distribution.
- Travel, Transportation & Hospitality.
- Media & Entertainment
OUR CULTURE AND PRINCIPLES
People and relationships are the foundation of our success. We invest in long-term relationships, with our colleagues and clients alike. We’re a global technology consultancy with deep tech and domain expertise. We embrace change and foster an environment of experiment and learning which lets us illuminate our talents and apply them within our ecosystem.
PEOPLE FIRST: our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter our differences.
EXPERTISE: open up your potential within DA ecosystem.
FLEXIBILITY: experiment and learn, embrace change.
TRUST: is at the core of our relationships with partners and colleagues. We lead via context and let professionals do their work the best they can.
Our policy of equal opportunities in employment
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of bias including age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. DataArt is committed to providing a working environment free from harassment and bullying and ensuring all staff are treated, and treat others, with dignity and respect. Our commitment to promoting equal opportunities and creating the workplace free of harassment and discrimination is supported by the implementation of respective policies and controls, provides an appropriate environment to encourage good performance and conduct at all its working locations, at all times.