As a Linux System Engineer, you will be responsible for supporting the internal and cloud-based systems used by the Employee Digital Enablement Group (EDE). Under general supervision, you will perform technical work that includes the design, setup, administration, upgrade, and troubleshooting of computer systems and associated hardware and software. You will participate in the development of architectural standards and procedures.
Dynatrace is a global leader in Software Intelligence because the world needs software to work perfectly. Our innovative SaaS product helps customers to achieve self-driving IT. Thanks to our high quality standards and cutting-edge technologies, we are proud to have customers like H&M, Delta Airlines, SAP, United Health Care, JP Morgan, and many others.
What you'll be responsible for:
- Managing all EDE Linux-based systems.
- Architecting and rolling out a set of capabilities that will allow EDE to standardize and better manage various Linux distributions deployed around the world.
- Developing standards for end-user Linux builds and supported applications.
- Working closely with Development and Tech Ops teams on implementing processes worldwide.
- Integrating, when possible, Linux systems into existing management structures like Active Directory, Azure Active Directory, Intune, MAM, MDM, Puppet, and Microsoft 365. When not possible, suggesting and implementing alternatives to meet departmental functionality and security goals.
- Deploying certificates and other technology to Linux to be able to authenticate users’ computers when they come on the network (802.1x).
- Implementing and deploying a patch management system to ensure Linux systems are regularly updated and don’t present security risks to the organization.
- Helping with the migration of on-premises systems to AWS.
- Being the subject matter expert for Linux and responding to tier 2 and tier 3 tickets related to areas of responsibility.
- Participating in the definition of architectural standards, knowledge base articles, and IT practices and procedures.
- Working as part of a team to support global operations of Dynatrace’s computer systems and applications.
Who we're looking for?
Desired skills and experience:
- Technical studies and 5+ years of experience in a similar role.
- Detailed knowledge of Linux distributions (Red Hat, Ubuntu).
- Linux certifications (RHCE, LFCE, LPIC-3, etc.) preferred.
- Proven track record of managing and integrating Linux into a predominately Microsoft environment.
- Working knowledge with Microsoft products (Windows 10, Server 2016+, Office 365, Intune, AD, and AAD).
- The ideal candidate will also have experience managing Mac systems and be able to work with existing engineers to advance efforts on standardization using JAMF and Apple DEP.
- Knowledge of desktop architecture and build methodologies.
- Broad knowledge of all IT disciplines (server, data center, telecom, and messaging).
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Sala Sportowa
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking