We are looking for a hands-on DBA, technologist and architect who has experience in PostgreSQL implementation to focus on building the PostgreSQL Databases and administer them. This may also include migration of DBs and post-migration support from other RDBMS like Oracle etc. You'll be working in the Regional Level 3/SME team with Project Managers, SMEs, Database Engineering and Operations support dedicated to this function.
- Day to day administration PostgreSQL Databases
- Experience in PostgreSQL Installation 11,12 Production support
- Experienced in Backup & Recovery using native Backup utilities and logical / physical backups
- Monitoring and optimizing the performance of the database
- Experience in user management and authentication methods
- Implemented and Configured Postgresql Replication for more than one hot Standby and also handled concepts like transferring WAL to standby machines to make sure zero percent data loss.
- Troubleshooting end user queries related to connectivity, performance, space etc.
- Well versed with Vacuuming concepts
- Creation of Clone Database for Development/Testing Environments
- Upgrades of PostgreSQL Databases and migrations from other RDBMS
- Installing and working on tools & clients like pgadmin
- Automate and perform regular database maintenance (e.g., Vacuum, Reindexing, Archiving, Connection pooling).
- Out of hours rota and weekend working as required.
- Ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines.
- Support for application and infrastructure BCM tests.
- Knowledge of supporting Databases on cloud would be advantage.
Who we're looking for?
- 5+ years of experience in providing DBA support for a medium/large number of databases in PostgreSQL. Experience in any other RDBMS technology will be a plus
You will have experience and knowledge of:
- PostgreSQL 11,12
- Replication and Disaster Recovery tools like Patroni
- Backups management using pgbasebackup, pgdump etc.
- SSL / Non-SSL based connections
- LDAP / Kerberos based user authentications
- Utilities like pgadmin, pg_badger
- Automation experience using shell scripts, iPSoft, Python, etc is a plus
- A good working knowledge of Redhat Linux.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Good troubleshooting skills with an attention to detail and an ability to follow a process
- Ability to work and remain calm in a high-pressure environment
- Good team working skills but equally has to be capable of working alone
- Knowledge of Automation tools and processes will be an advantage.
- A university bachelor's degree in professional courses