At Hitachi Energy our purpose is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We bring power to our homes, schools, hospitals and factories. Join us and work with fantastic people, while learning and developing yourself on projects that have a real impact to our communities and society. Bring your passion, bring your energy, and be part of a global team that appreciates a simple truth: Diversity + Collaboration = Great Innovation
We are an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. At the forefront is our Technology Center which provides industry leading software and deep domain expertise to help the world’s most asset-intensive industries solve their biggest challenges. To strengthen our Polish Operation Center team, we are looking for a SCADA Business Consultant with excellent engineering skills and can-do culture. Seize this unique opportunity and see your work transformed in a tangible product.
As a System Integrator you will be a member of our Operation Center Poland team in Krakow, supporting delivery of Hitachi EMS/DMS/SCADA systems and applications globally. Your duties will include configuring systems using Network Control approved product implementation standards, as well as acquiring working knowledge of regional market needs and helping drive standardization in the delivery process.
- Setup and configuration of computers and servers including IP and network id configuration, firmware updates, disk setup including system diagrams, sizing and configuration tables and partitioning, OS installation, hardening and performance tuning.
- Installation and configuration of Linux and Windows operating systems, including RedHat GFS and other cluster file system (High Availability Setup).
- Installation and configuration of Oracle Database Requirements Software and other 3rd Party Software.
- Setup of system administration and security environment including active directory/group policy setup, user account.
- Create or assist others in the writing of user documentation, instructions, and procedures.
- Share your experience and skills with other team members.
- International travel required (up to 25%).
- Basic Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (B. S.) from four-year college or university;
- Understanding and system administration capabilities of Linux (RHEL) and Windows operating systems;
- Basic understanding of Microsoft technologies including Active Directory, DNS, Group Policy and commercial RDBMS, especially Oracle and SQL Sever;
- Basic understanding of TCP/IP networking in a server-client environment;
- Ability to understand and write in at least one scripting language (Powershell, VBS, Linux Shell, Perl);
- Positive, proactive personality with strong interpersonal and communication skills;
- Ability to read, write and communicate verbally in English.
- Desirable Qualifications:
- Bachelor’s/Master’s degree in Engineering, Computer Science/IT or related discipline;
- Basic knowledge and experience in cryptography, penetration testing, vulnerability analysis;
- Skills in OS flavors (Windows, *nix) (Network Communications & Servers).
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- On-line training platform
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Life insurance
- Leisure package for families
- Teams integration and company events
- MS Office license
- Temporary housing
- Money for moving expenses
- Bicycle parking
- Car parking
- Chill room
- on-line stretching sessions
- Public transport subsidy
- Concierge in the office
- Equipment for working remotely
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
The global technology and market leader in power grids is committed to advancing a sustainable energy future for all
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible, and secure whilst balancing social, environmental, and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries.