The evertz.io Engineering Team builds next-generation systems for content management and distribution in the Media and Entertainment industry. Disney, NBCUniversal, Discovery, BBC, and many other content producers and publishers use our products and services to make the most of their file-based and live content for the least effort.
We work with high-quality video in real-time and non-real-time scenarios across a wide range of cutting-edge tech. Specializations within the group span from low-level video manipulation and analysis, through back-end management and orchestration services, to web delivered UIs. Working in parallel with these teams is the Scientific Computing Group who work in computer vision, data science and machine learning, taking experiments in Jupyter notebooks through to deployment in production. This makes for a challenging and rewarding engineering experience of continual learning and plenty of opportunity to explore different parts of the stack.
We work in agile, low-bureaucracy, cross-functional teams spread across the world. It’s a highly creative work environment where the team is built on trust and is relaxed, open and welcoming to all.
Evertz has engineering offices in Canada, England, Scotland, India, and now it's time for Poland!
As part of this role, you will take the lead on the design, architecture and implementation of new core features in our multi-tenant SaaS platform: evertz.io. We offer flexible working hours, and the freedom to experiment with new technologies and tools to build better products.
Skills and Experience you will bring:
- Experience building applications with modern web frameworks such as Angular, React or Vue.js
- Strong understanding of event driven architectures, observable streams and RxJS
- Experience with the design, planning and implementation of complex data-driven user interfaces
- A good eye for well-structured, modular and maintainable code
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to communicate clearly
- Product design and architecture
Additional skills and experience that will be useful:
- Knowledge of state management systems such as NgRx, NGXS or other Redux pattern library
- Experience with monorepos and build systems such as Bazel or Nx
- Experience with GraphQL or RESTful API design and specifications such as OpenAPI, JSON:API and JSON-RPC
- Be familiar with the creation of mock ups and wireframe design for rapid prototyping
- Unit testing with Jest or Jasmine
- Strong UX and design skills
- Experience with adaptive video streaming technologies such as MPEG-DASH or HLS
- Realtime communications with WebRTC and WebSockets
- Hands on experience with NodeJS and/or Python
- Code review
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Additional monitor
- OS X
- Methodology: Agile
- Healthcare package
- Integration events
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking