The Platform Engineer is responsible for the design, development and support of our cloud platform and infrastructure. You provide technical hands-on expertise and support to deliver high quality deployment & infrastructure automation, Site Reliability Engineering, performance engineering, release engineering and distributed monitoring needs. You will also spend time collaborating on projects with other engineers, such as working on internal tooling.
Responsible for design, development and support of the systems owned by the product team (60%)
- Creates designs for solutions in the product team, based on analysis of customer requirements.
- Support the adoption of simplified architecture.
- Support the systems - proactively monitor the alerting and logging and deal with issues appropriately.
- Shared responsibility for infrastructure maintenance and support.
- Design and maintain AWS (or a similar provider) to configure services, set up permissions, deploy software.
- To streamline delivery and increase agility, including through the adoption of increased automation and monitoring.
- To maintain development and automation skillset - ensure all infrastructure can be rebuilt from code.
- To manage and develop the team CI/CD jobs and platform.
- Designs, maintains and contributes to the automated test suites.
- Shared responsibility for the quality of the deliverable.
- Support best practices throughout the department through the use of guardrails and code reviews.
- Work with suppliers of external services and tools.
- Some Engineers will pursue a particular specialism - examples include Networking, AWS, Security, Supplier Management.
All metrics are green for new releases
Support the Product Owner and Engineering Manager to improve the metrics for the product team. (20%)
- Support agile ways of working and participate actively in sprint reviews and retrospectives.
- Responsible for setting up and maintaining continuous integration and continuous delivery.
- Shared responsibility for the reduction of TOIL through automation.
- Contribute to Incident Management process through investigating and fixing issues. Attend retrospective lessons learned meetings and implement follow up actions.
- Responsible for keeping the systems secure: Contributes to team security metric report. Supports regular security reviews and penetration testing where appropriate. Reports security risks to the Engineering Manager. Includes security considerations in all design decisions.
- Shared responsibility for maintaining costs within budget and including costs within design considerations
- To ensure that platform and infrastructure risks are identified, recorded, and clearly communicated to the Engineering Manager
- Offer recommendations on reducing total cost of ownership • Average time from ready to release is a maximum of 14 days.
- Team metrics updated monthly
- Security metric is not red.
- Disaster recovery metric is not red
- Risks recorded and updated at least quarterly
- Maintenance costs
Deliver against Business Strategy (20%)
- Support the implementation of the company's technical strategy.
- To adhere to enterprise architecture and design principles, ensuring that solutions are well engineered to respond to evolving business needs.
- Deliver competently engineered cost-effective solutions
- Focus on iterative delivery of MVP
- Contribute and deliver technical and/or process improvement ideas outside your team.
- Offer recommendations on the best tools and methods to be used.
- Collaborate with technical and non-technical team members using clear communication.
- Validate assumptions using feedback from other teams.
- When required, provide clear and appropriately-pitched status reports either orally or written.
- Technical degree or equivalent experience
- Understanding of fundamentals of Computer Science
- Certifications preferred: AWS, Linux essentials - LPI 101, ITQSB Testing
- Previous experience working in an Enterprise class IT Operations department that provides technical support, monitoring, and incident response.
- Experience in configuring and managing Linux based infrastructure in an Enterprise environment.
- Experience of maintaining an Enterprise IT service in a Public Cloud environment (AWS).
- Experienced of writing Infrastructure as Code (IaaC) tasks using tools such as Terraform or Cloudformation)
- Exposure to "DevOps" style working practices, developing and automating solutions related to Continuous Integration/ Continuous Deliver using tools such as Jenkins.
- Experience with scripting including, but not limited to: PowerShell, Bash, Ruby, or Python
- Experience of using Configuration Management tools such as Puppet and Ansible.
- Experience of use of code repositories such as Git or similar.
- Experience working with VMware server virtualization.
- Knowledge and direct experience implementing ITIL based service delivery principles and best practices.
- Demonstrated ability to manage projects and tasks within an agile and dynamic operational environment
- Experience managing network security monitoring, detection, and analysis tools, to include IDS, IPS, DLP, SIEM, etc.
- Broad knowledge of network systems and telecommunication systems, network infrastructure , networking protocols and network administration tools.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!