About the Project
We develop and maintain a mission-critical risk management platform that deals with massive amounts of data on a daily basis. It serves our Client's traders across the world and produces numbers for financial authorities in many countries. Although the platform has a few legacy components, the technology stack has been rapidly evolving with our Client's commitment to Cloud migration, DevOps and Automation. We strive to build an innovative environment for engineers while keeping the platform stable for our stakeholders.
In business terms, this platform enables our Client to perform large scale simulations (using the Monte Carlo Simulation Model) to forecast future cash flows of derivative trades and portfolios along with quantification of associated risks. It also performs Stress testing on hundreds of what-if scenarios to prove that the Client's business is ready for the various market conditions and severe economic scenarios. The calculated risk exposures are used for Basel 3 reporting, RWA Calculations, trading limits and valuation of Market and Credit risks.
The platform mainly works in the overnight mode with data loading, transformation, valuation and reporting being completed by morning according to strict SLAs and data being available to users during the daytime. There is a large book of work that includes industry-wide business programs (FRTB, LIBOR, CCAR etc.) as well as a lot of focus on Cloud migration, infrastructure upgrades, technical debt management and CI/CD pipeline improvement. It's a large platform that allows you to be directly exposed to a number of technologies, frameworks and tools and have massive amounts of data and compute power at hand.
There are 80+ Luxoft engineers working on this project, being a part of the Risk Analytics IT department of our Client. We're organized into Agile teams, called Hybrid Pods, which are designed to be self-sufficient and work directly with business stakeholders. Some teams are platform-aligned, they develop and support core software delivery processes and tools to enable the platform to operate efficiently. Other teams are business-aligned, they focus on delivering new business functionality and support existing production components. We value teamwork, as well as recognize and promote the individual contribution that helps the success of the department.
[Development] -> .NET Framework (C# / .Net 4.6.2), .Net Core (C#), Visual Studio 2019, Java 1.8, Python, SQL, PL/SQL
[Frameworks] -> WPF applications, WCF Services, Spring / .Net Spring, Camel Framework, NServiceBus
[Integration] -> MSMQ, Tibco EMS, Azure Event Hub, SSIS, Rabbit MQ, Apache Thrift
[DevOps] -> GitLab, Flow TeamCity, Azure Kubernetes Service (AKS), Docker, Helm, Unix, Elastic Stack (ELK), Bash, Hashicorp Enterprise Vault (EVA), MS Build, Puppet, Nexus, NUnit, SonarQube
[Grid Computing] -> DataSynapse Compute Grid, Azure Batch (PaaS)
[Data Layer] -> Oracle Database 18c, MongoDB, MS SQL Database Server, Azure Data Lake Storage (ADLS)
[QA] -> Jira, Jira X-Ray, PowerShell, Python
[Reporting] -> SSAS, Power BI
[Big Data] -> Spark / DataBricks, Scala, Python, Java
[UI] -> React, Angular JS, Node JS
Opportunities for you
- Get experience with high-performance systems using distributed calculations and cloud computing
- Real possibility to implement your engineering ideas and improve the way things are done in the project
- Full support of your career goals - our career management tools make your professional development transparent, clear and honest
- Truly large amount of learning opportunities, sponsorship of certifications
- Financial bonuses to acknowledge top performers
- Cooperate closely with the team lead and project manager in all aspects of sprint and release planning
- Take an active part in all aspects of the development process including planning, estimation, progress tracking, dependencies detection, issues prevention and solving
- Develop infrastructure and environments management plans
- Create rollout plan for the software products and services releases
- Design, create scripts for automating build & deployment processes
- Analyze, estimate, develop and solve complex configuration management problems
- Design, develop and test procedures for installation and configuration of the software products and services
- Plan, analyze, develop and implement the procedures and scripts for build and/or migration of data/applications/products across different platforms
- Participate in architecture review and performance improvements of the existing and future solutions
- Facilitate transition to best practices in architectural and operations management solutions
- Build and configure the new infrastructure for the solution
- Set-up environments, execute performance tuning, perform advanced settings updates, assist with the tests preparation processes
- Create comprehensive solution documentation
- Define monitoring approaches and configure monitoring systems
- Coordinate work of the configuration management team by defining tasks and their priority, and tracking the implementation status and overall progress.
- Perform code review, bug fixing and development of .Net applications providing improvements and health-checks of project infrastructure.
- Experience in IT industry as DevOps/ Support Engineer
- Proven experience with source code control, build and deployment tools
- Scripting languages: Windows PowerShell, Python
- Master's computer science degree or equivalent experience
- Experience in managing Microsoft Azure-based environments, a good understanding of networking concepts and principles
- Practical experience with any of the following: .NET, Oracle SQL, MongoDB, Puppet, Docker
- IT Service Management practices (for example, ITIL), software development life cycle (understanding of Waterfall, RUP, Agile methodologies)
- Experience with JIRA, Confluence
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!