At sofatutor, we are convinced that children and young people best achieve their learning goals when they learn at their own pace and can access different learning media. For this purpose, our team has created a digital learning platform that makes learning possible in an individual way, anytime and anywhere. We offer students the opportunity to learn or review school material with the help of learning videos, practice problems and worksheets.
As a (Senior) Rails Fullstack Engineer (gn) in our Growth Team you can be part of sofatutor’s journey and have a direct influence on our external presentation via the website and work on a good value proposition that convinces parents to choose sofatutor. You will help to ensure that all visitors to our website understand and experience the benefits of our service.
You don’t live in Berlin? No problem, because you can do the job remotely (EU timezone or similar). Please include your salary expectations and your earliest possible starting date in your application.
As a (Senior) Rails Fullstack Engineer (gn) with focus on Growth, you will help improve the sofatutor platform with the goal to present a good value proposition to our target group parents to convince them to choose sofatutor. Together with experts for frontend, backend, design, CRO and UX, you will implement the technical requirements for our learning platform safely, efficiently, sustainably and pragmatically. Your tasks will include:
- Development and deployment of new platform A/B test and functionalities on a Ruby on Rails environment
- Plan tasks together with your Product Owner and Scrum Master and be able to work independently
- Close cooperation with other developers in your cross-functional team, and (exceeding traditional boundaries) also with designers, UX researchers and other experts
- Responsibility and maintenance of critical systems together with technical experts
- Implementation and maintenance of unit and integration tests
You are eager to learn just like we are and as a developer you are always looking for solutions to new challenges. Your strengths lie in the front-end and ideally you have already worked in professional teams on large web development projects. These are the concrete requirements:
- You understand of Responsive UX / UI design and have a strong Frontend interest
- You possess an eye for quality, code performance, and strive to apply coding best practices
- Agile mindset: experience working with agile methodologies (Kanban)
- You support your team by sharing ideas, learnings, and conducting thorough code reviews
- You are great at working with an international, cross-functional team, and collaborating even asynchronously
- You are an advanced speaker of English and located within the EU or similar timezone
- Big Plus: You are interested in taking part and contributing to ideation sessions and design processes
Do all or most of these points apply to you and do the possibilities of digital learning excite you as much as us? Then you are the perfect candidate for us and we look forward to your application – even if you cannot meet all of our requirements yet!
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Knowledge Base
- Integration tests
- Additional monitor
- OS X
- Methodology: Kanban
- Architectural decisions are made by: Tech Architect
- Who chooses technology: CTO
- Developers: 6
- Project Managers: 1
- Designers: 2
- Leisure package
- Language courses
- Healthcare package
- Visa Services
- Adaptation tips
- Money for moving expenses
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Cold beverages
- Bicycle parking
- Hot beverages
For more than ten years, the online learning platform “sofatutor.com” is supporting students on all levels in learning independently and is also widely used in teaching. We believe that students can reach their full learning potential if they are given the freedom to go their own ways and set individual goals. With didactically tested learning content in 13 subjects, our product adapts to the individual learning progress of students and helps them to improve grades. More than 100 employees work on our learning videos, practice problems and worksheets to show students that learning is fun. Bring in your talents and make our mission your own!