Who are we?
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from more than 41 countries in Finland, the US, the UK, Spain, Luxembourg, and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven people who strive for excellence in everything we do. Being advocates of our corporate culture, we value teamwork and curiosity, and we know how to have fun!
What do we do?
ICEYE is building and operating its commercial constellation of small Synthetic Aperture Radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data available to customers. Our satellites acquire images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark – providing commercial and government partners with unmatched persistent monitoring capabilities. Information derived from our SAR images helps customers make data-driven decisions to address time-critical challenges in various sectors, such as maritime, disaster management, insurance, and finance.
What are we looking for?
To support the company’s growth, we continue to scale our Missions team team and looking for a Senior QA Engineers to join our global Software Engineering Team. You will report to the Director Software Delivery. The software team is striving for a remote-first approach and hence the role can be up to 100% remote. Additionally, we have offices in Warsaw and Helsinki area so onsite work is also possible.
What we offer:
- A job that matters in a dynamic New Space environment with a scale-up approach
- An independent role with a supportive and diverse work environment
- A yearly benefit budget to spend as you wish (i.e. on sport, transport, wellness, lunch, tourism, etc.)
- Relocation support (i.e. flight tickets, accommodation, etc.)
- Time for self-development, research, training, conferences, or certification schemes
- Polish and English lessons at the office (currently remotely due to COVID)
- Occupational healthcare
- Inspiring and collaborating offices and silent workspaces enabling you to focus
- Regular internal events for employees
- A wide variety of best coffee, tea, snacks, and sweets to accompany your daily space mission
Diversity& inclusion are core values at ICEYE. We are passionate about building and sustaining inclusive and equitable working and learning environments for all staff. We believe every member on our team enriches our diversity by exposing us to a broad range of ways to understand and engage with the world, identify challenges, and discover, design, and deliver solutions.
- Ensure the quality of feature requirements by analyzing and verifying them with the scrum team and product owner
- Ensure the quality of released features by developing test plans, defining and creating test scenarios, executing test scripts, assessing test results, and reporting bugs and incidents
- Keeping our test automation technologies and approach up-to-date through the integration of automated testing tools and test harnesses as required.
- Decrease the risk of introducing incidents and bugs by incrementally increasing test automation coverage
- Ensure the overall quality experienced by customers though the introduction of non-functional tests to verify core system and specific client non-functional requirements
- Ensure consistency and speed of delivery by working with the development team, QA team and DevOps specialists to setup and maintain the DevOps pipeline with respect to automated tests at different levels
- Ensure release readiness by matching and performing technical and non-technical verification activities against specific customer requirements
- Providing software and hardware releases and deployments by working with all relevant stakeholders to ensure new features are understood and expected and all relevant quality standards and processes have been applied
- Manage the quality of release over multiple different software and hardware versions specific to different clients
- Maintain a high service level by working with software engineers and stakeholders as needed to identify and resolve production incidents and bugs
- Bachelor’s degree in computer science/engineering
- Solid understanding of QA principles and practices
- Ability to work independently and lead QA development activities as part of the development team
- Ability to communicate effectively with product owner, team members and business stakeholders
- Experience of working with Predictive and Adaptive software development methodologies and knowledge of DevOps practices
- Experience of working with large scale complex software/hardware platforms and on-premise client deployments
- Previous experience in the Space or Aerospace industries seen as an advantage
- Understanding of configuration management and techniques for managing quality of multiple versions of production software over multiple hardware configurations
- Experience of the Linux operating system and writing shell scripts
- Experience of CI/CD tools such as Jenkins or GitHub Actions
- Interest in learning to work with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of managing quality of multiple versions of production software over multiple hardware configurations
- Experience with different kinds of non-functional testing (e.g. performance, security, etc)
- Experience with Docker and Kubernetes
- Experience of a working environment following the Infrastructure as Code (IAC) approach and related technologies (e.g. Ansible, Terraform)
- Experience of working with ISO 9001 and/or ISO27001
- ISTQB certification will be seen as an advantage
- Healthcare package
- Language courses
- Healthcare package for families
- Temporary housing
- Flight ticket
- Adaptation tips
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Bicycle parking
ICEYE Polska Sp. z o.o.
ICEYE is building and operating its own commercial constellation of synthetic aperture radar (SAR) satellites with SAR data already available to customers. These satellites can take images of Earth at any time – even when it’s cloudy or dark. Information derived from these images will help our customers understand the world better and help them make more intelligent decisions. We launched the world’s first SAR microsatellite in January 2018 and have raised $152M in financing to date.
We are a Finnish-based international New Space company with employees from roughly 40 countries and subsidiaries in the US, UK and Poland. Our team is a tight-knit group of experts from a range of areas including engineering, software development, and radar technology. We’re innovative, driven, and strive for excellence in everything we do. We don’t listen to people who say it can’t be done: we go and do it!