Zeropark is the key product of Codewise, an ad-tech company based in Kraków, Poland. It allows digital marketers to advertise their products online, and website owners to monetize Internet traffic by displaying ads. And since we love the challenge, the Zeropark Team has launched its newest venture yet — the NewProgrammatic search traffic platform (we’re already working with some of the biggest brands in the marketing industry, just visit our website to learn more!).
Working with us you will face many technical challenges and constantly develop your skills. We handle large amounts of traffic (up to 500k requests per second), run on Amazon Web Services (20+ Java-based applications), and are entirely responsible for the whole development cycle: technical design, programming, testing, deployments, and taking care of our production environment.
We work in 2 scrum teams, 10 engineers in total — Backend, Frontend, and QA. We cooperate closely with UX designers, Content Writers, Product Owners, and other colleagues from the business side of the project.
We’re a mature team that still thrives on its start-up nature — we move fast, we experiment a lot, we’re not afraid to fail, and we learn from mistakes. The things we value are clean code practices and code reviews, as well as helping each other and sharing knowledge.
But that’s enough about us.
Interested? Apply now and let’s see if we’re a good match!
- Designing, building, testing, and maintaining our high-performance software and its AWS infrastructure
- Taking active ownership of requirements analysis
- Collaborating with business teams to deliver software that solves real customers’ problems
- Performing code reviews and promoting good programming practices
- Helping the team in making architectural decisions with a focus on scalability, performance, and cost-optimization
- Sharing knowledge and mentoring more junior engineers
- Java 11+ (including concurrency and garbage collection), Spring
- Unit and integration testing
- Experience with distributed, scalable, and highly available systems
- Design patterns
- System design
- Good command of Polish and English
Nice to have
- Experience with AWS (EC2, DynamoDB, ElastiCache, S3, Lambda, Route53, RDS, SQS)
- Experience with Terraform
- Experience with Docker
- Understanding of load balancing and service discovery
- Understanding of Java performance tuning
- Experience with Kafka
Hybrid work model
You have the flexibility to work on-site and remotely, but we do like to meet in person from time to time when needed. That’s why we prefer candidates located reasonably close to our headquarter in Kraków, Poland.
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum
- Architectural decisions are made by: Team
- Who chooses technology: Team
- Developers: 8
- Testers: 2
- Project Managers: 2
- Designers: 1
- Project management software: YouTrack
- Healthcare package
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Integration events
- Hot beverages
- Cold beverages
- Playroom for children
Codewise is a unique hub of experts in ad technology, marketing, accounting, and team management. We provide thought leadership and a wide range of services to companies and organisations that build better & safer digital future.
Since November 2020, Codewise is proud to be a part of CentralNic Group – a multinational holding company uniting providers of services & products for domain name registry, web hosting, brand management, and domain parking.