We’re a small team, so you’ll have plenty of opportunity to collaborate directly with the founders, and this role in particular will have an architectural scope over our continued development of our AWS based technology stack (Amplify, AppSync, CloudFront, Cognito, DynamoDB, ElasticSearch, and Lambda, among others).
Our team consists of smart, humble, and collaborative people distributed across several time zones and countries. We have employees in 14 countries including several in Poland already.
In this role, you will:
- Identify opportunities to reduce risk in the codebase and suggest opportunities to improve
- Closely collaborate with the founders, head of design and engineering team to build a great user experience for our end users
- Implement new product features and improve existing ones with an emphasis on maintainability, readability and reusability
- Propose opportunities to improve our engineering processes, tools and team
- Take ownership of key areas related to technical architecture and API integrations with partners
Who we're looking for?
An ideal Capbase team member:
- Self motivated and self starting - you can get things done autonomously and take ownership over projects
- Has a keen eye open for their work/life balance
- Able to express themselves clearly in both written and spoken English
- Familiarity with developing applications for NodeJS 10/12 for AWS Lambdas
- Familiarity with AWS SDKs for various technologies (those listed above and others)
- Familiarity with React and/or React Native (our client applications are based on these technologies)
- Nice to have: experience with document parsing and building data extraction tools using parsing expression grammar (PEG)