We are looking for a top-notch technology savvy specialists willing to move our projects on the new track! You will use the most advanced technology stack and have an opportunity to implement new solutions while working with top leaders in their industries. As a part of our global team you will participate in international projects based on Microsoft Stack and Azure Cloud.
As a Senior Data Engineer you are responsible for building software that enables our clients and business partners to make efficient decisions with ease. You are able to design and implement a robust Data Warehouse solutions on compute engines such as SSIS, ADF, and business intelligence reports (Power BI, Qlik).
Skills and attributes for success
Solving complex business problems at large scale. Participating in a cross-functional initiatives and collaborating across various domains. Interacting with data engineers, product/project managers and partners from all over the world.
To qualify for the role, you must have
- 6+ years of commercial experience in similar role
- Strong experience in T-SQL and data extraction from legacy systems
- Experience in one of the following: Power BI, Azure Data Factory, SSIS
- Strong understanding and experience with design techniques of relational databases, ETL, Data Marts, Data Warehouses (e.g. dimensions modelling)
- Understanding of data management concepts
- Understanding of the importance of governance and security rules when handling data
- Experience in converting business problems/challenges to technical solutions considering security, performance, scalability etc.
- Experience in enterprise-class solution implementations
- Flexible and proactive/self-motivated working style with strong personal ownership of problem resolution excellent inter-personal skills
- Very good English (verbal and written)
Ideally, you’ll also have
- Experience in using Agile methodologies (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Experience in developing ETL in PL/SQL, Informatica PowerCenter, Ab Initio, Talend, Alteryx, IBM Data Stage, Dataiku, Oracle Data Integrator or other
- Experience in BI tools like SAP BO, Qlikview, QlikSense, Tableau or other
- Experience in BI/ETL tools on Azure/GCP/AWS cloud
- Experience in other RDBMS like Oracle, DB2, Teradata
- Experience with data lakes
- Experience with real-time data processing and data warehousing aggregation
- Understanding and familiarity with database and ETL performance tuning concepts
What we look for
As we are a dynamic team of passionate specialists, and we work in international teams all over the world, we will look for the same business acumen. Facing with customers, we are "out of box thinking" professionals. Our top performers have a team player attitude and they cope with challenges on the daily basis. If it all sounds familiar to you - we are looking forward to seeing you on board.
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Q&A
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Business phone
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: PMI, Agile, SCRUM
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Visa Services
- Sign up bonus
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Chill room
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Playroom for children
- Integration events
EY GDS Poland
EY Global Delivery Services (GDS) provides services to EY worldwide. It is an ever-growing, integrated network of centers that provides innovative, scalable and tailor-made business services to EY member companies.
EY GDS provides services in many areas, and the diversity of projects and facilities creates a dynamic, multicultural and inclusive work environment in which "talent, energy and innovation" are the three core values of employees.
EY GDS offices in Poland are located in Wrocław and Warsaw. They work with eight countries – Poland, Argentina, China, India, Sri Lanka, the Philippines, Hungary and the UK – and with teams from all EY service lines, geographies and sectors, playing a vital role in the implementation of EY's growth strategy.