Technical skills we value
We’re Grand Parade – Hi!
Krakow is the home of our tech hub. We’re obsessed with building advanced products and systems that power online sports betting and gaming. And those products are used by millions of people world-wide every week- and we’re pretty proud of that.
Our systems are highly reliable and resilient with low latency. In fact it is similar to the transactional systems big banks might use but we think it’s a bit more fun here at William Hill.
We process as many online sportsbook bets per second on a typical Saturday as Amazon UK on its busiest day of the year. We deliver complex systems in a highly regulated environment, yet one that prides itself on customer interaction and innovation.
And to build those products, we need extraordinary people. That’s where you come in.
Whether you’re a backend developer processing 160TB of data daily to UX/UI designers and front-end developers keeping track of all the new JS frameworks – there’s actually something for everyone.
Agile at ScaleWe're going agile so we can deliver value to customers by delivering new features quickly and frequently and increase productivity through better prioritisation and collaboration.
What does it mean for us?
- Creating cross-functional, product-focused teams
- Become data-driven and share data with teams
- Making portfolio planning easier
- Adapting our framework to our needs. One size doesn’t fit all
- Nurturing Communities of Practice to share and learn together
- Continuously improving. Measuring our performance and sharing best practice
What you would create with us?
- You’ll have an opportunity to work on various projects related to gambling and betting.
- Core – this team creates digital tools and components to build best in class customer journeys. Tech Stack – AWS Stack, CSS-in-JS, GraphQL, Java, JS ES7, Kotlin, Node JS, React, Redux, Redux-Saga and Swift.
- Cloud – this team focuses on platform support stability.
- Central Services – responsible for on-boarding new and retention of current customers. Tech Stack – CSS3, HTML5, Java 8, JS ES6, Marven, React, Redux, REST, Spring, Tomcat.
- Sportsbook – this team enables users to bet on a wide range of sporting events.
- Security – responsible for triage, a classification for incidents and some types of fraud, along with the initial response. Tech Stack – Email protection, Network protection.
- EOC – responsible for security and services monitoring. Tech Stack - CA APM, CA UIM, PagerDuty, Rundeck, Scivisum, Splunk.
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Life insurance
- Medical consultations in our office
- Employee assistance programme
- Life insurance
- Life insurance for family
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Free sport clubs
- Fitness, yoga and massages in office
- Multisport card
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Adaptation tips
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Sign up bonus
- Flight ticket
- Money for moving expenses
- In-house language courses
- Financial and technology academy
- Access to leading e-learning platforms
- Education budget (8000 PLN per year)
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Chill room
- Playroom for children
- Integration events
- Additional leave for volunteering
- Hardware budget