A successful candidate for the Senior Java Developer role will join the highly regarded and global Credit Risk Private Banking IT team, with Wroclaw branch currently employing 30+ people. Team skillset includes business analysis, software development in Java and .NET, software architecture, quality assurance, test management, project and program management and beyond.
This role allows you to join the Lombard Front To Back Methodology team responsible for design and development of a new consolidated system supporting risk calculations of a Bank's Lombard portfolio. The main objective of the team is to introduce new Loan To Value methodology globally, with on-demand, end-of-day and intra-day capabilities.
The Wroclaw Lombard Front To Back Methodology team consist of 4 Java Developers, Solution Architect and Testing Engineer, and cooperates with Project Manager, Business Analysts and Test Engineers located in Switzerland The team also closely cooperates (in scrum of Scrums model) with Frontend team located in India and Switzerland providing them API for integration.
The Team is very diverse in both educational backgrounds and previous work experience. When hiring, we put stress on understanding candidate's past experience and how it can benefit the team as well as identifying potential of an individual that we would look to develop to the maximum.
- Software development based on given requirements according to quality standards agreed within the team
- Participating in the design activities
- Writing unit tests for created software
- Performing Code Review
- Documenting the code and developed solutions
- Bug fixing and maintenance of created software
- Close cooperation with other Software Engineers, Solution Architect, Requirements Engineers, Project Manager and Test Engineers
- Preparing technical tasks and estimates based on User Story or input from Requirement Engineers
- Performing review of the requirement specifications
- Supporting Test Engineers in all test activities
- 7 years (or more) of experience in Software Development in JAVA
- Knowledge of asynchronous messaging or streaming technologies (e.g. Apache Pulsar, JMS, Apache Kafka)
- Practical knowledge of design patterns
- Experience working with JEE containers/frameworks (e.g. Spring)
- Good knowledge of SQL (preferable Oracle SQL) and JPA
- Practical experience working with Junit
- Analytical and logical thinking skills
- Ability to fast learn new technologies
- Fluent written and spoken English
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Experience working with RESTful or SOAP Web Services
- Knowledge of mocking frameworks (JMockit, Mockito, EasyMock)
- Experience working with Git, Maven and Jira
- Experience working in international environment
Nice to have:
- Experience working with Kubernetes, OpenShift or Docker
- Knowledge of UML and design tools (e.g. Enterprise Architect)
- Strong communication skills and ability to deal effectively with people face to face and over the phone
- Experience working with Angular
- Experience working in banking or finance industry (especially in the credits domain)
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!