Do you like to work in the team responsible for providing Domain Expert and SME support for more than 14,000 Oracle and PostgreSQL databases?
Would you like to have an opportunity to develop your career working on a strong L3 SME team?
Oracle and PostgreSQL Database administrator required to work within the global database organization to provide a high level (Level 3 or higher) of database expertise for day to day support of production and development environments.
- design and implement complex changes
- troubleshoot and solve incidents
- monitor and analyze performance issues
- work with numerous technical teams to improve core infrastructure
- DBA Support for application development and production support teams
- Overspill from Level 2 Global Oracle / PostgreSQL Team.
- Out of hours rota and weekend working as required.
- Weekend working will include RAC, Dataguard, GoldenGate replication setup duties within complicated, multiway heterogeneous replication environments, connecting to both Oracle and PostgreSQL
- Ensure compliance with operational / change management guidelines
- Support for application and infrastructure BCM tests
- Perform L3/SME type of activities - complex High Availability and Disaster Recovery design and configuration, performance tuning and troubleshooting, Database administration
- Development, testing, deployment and improvement of internal Automation tools and processes
- Evaluation, planning and testing of Cloud technologies
- 7+ years of experience in providing DBA support for medium/large number of databases in Oracle
- An understanding of Oracle Administration in 11g and 12c/18c
- Strong SQL and PL/SQL
- Experience with Linux
- Experience in Recovery Manager and Oracle Enterprise Manager, Oracle RAC, Oracle Engineered systems
- Knowledge of performance tuning skill to identify database operational issues and operating system level and able to provide the solution quickly to resolve production issues
- Experience in analyzing the Database Health check reports like AWR, ADDM, OEM Diagnostics Packages
- Automation experience using Shell scripting, Python, APEX
- This is a senior role that will work on Oracle Exadata and Oracle Database Appliance
- Experience in managing Real Application Clusters and DataGuard
- Cloud technologies experience
- PostgreSQL experience
- Exadata or ODA
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!