Hitachi Energy is an international pioneering technology leader that is writing the future of industrial digitalization. Our Customers operate across the electricity market: from generation, through transmission and distribution to supply. They serve the power to millions of citizens in different countries.
To strengthen our EPM/nMarket I-SEM Team, we are looking for a Software Development Engineer who is a great team player with excellent communication skills. The Team is settled in Krakow and reports to Arkadiusz Zagrodnik.
- As a Software Development Engineer you will be a member of the Agile team, developing leading software for energy portfolio optimization. Main responsibilities are:
- Analyze the business requirements and design the technical solution.
- Develop the change and ensure proper code and product quality. Create unit / automated Tests.
- Present the changes to business stakeholders, document the changes and the way they are validated.
- Improve the performance of the solution.
- Together with the Team take responsibility for the sprint and quarterly planning, decomposing the backlog, estimating the effort needed to provide change, security checks in cooperation with Security Team, release preparation and delivery.
- Cooperate with BA, QA, DevOps and line of support to handle issues reported by the Customers.
- Gain business knowledge about the energy market and algorithms used.
- Minimum of 5+ years of work experience
- Proficiency in Python 3.x programming including Pandas, Numpy libraries and data transformation.
- Crucial to be successful in this role: willingness to learn the complex business logic and understand math algorithms specified by the energy market.
- Good English skills, both written and spoken.
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- On-line training platform
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Life insurance
- Leisure package for families
- Teams integration and company events
- MS Office license
- Temporary housing
- Money for moving expenses
- Bicycle parking
- Car parking
- Chill room
- on-line stretching sessions
- Public transport subsidy
- Concierge in the office
- Equipment for working remotely
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
The global technology and market leader in power grids is committed to advancing a sustainable energy future for all
Hitachi Energy is a global technology leader that is advancing a sustainable energy future for all. We serve customers in the utility, industry, and infrastructure sectors with innovative solutions and services across the value chain. Together with customers and partners, we pioneer technologies and enable the digital transformation required to accelerate the energy transition towards a carbon-neutral future. We are advancing the world’s energy system to become more sustainable, flexible, and secure whilst balancing social, environmental, and economic value. Hitachi Energy has a proven track record and unparalleled installed base in more than 140 countries.