Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. Affirm. We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year.
- We are looking for a Manager - SRE with deep technical knowledge and who’s passionate about Linux, networking topics, microservices and distributed architectures and has experience with handling large scale services to join our Site Reliability Engineering team.
- You'll lead a team and be responsible for production, providing technical leadership to key journeys, projects and empowering and developing teams to do the same.
- Our mandate is to enable Affirm global, service-oriented architecture based product and infrastructure stack to be observable, highly resilient, scalable and fault tolerant, while maintaining our high SLA uptime expectations.
- You will excel if you have enthusiasm for digging deep, and a flare for sharp technical communication, prioritization, and organization.
- You will work directly with our Platform / Infrastructure, Infosec and Product Development teams to build our next generation “always up” cloud-based platform.
- Our work ranges from Observability/Telemetry Engineering, Reliability and Scalability Engineering, Chaos Engineering, Performance Engineering, Capacity Engineering and Disaster Recovery Engineering, and working closely with the security team on managing application level security.
New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 200,000 PLN as a sign-on bonus.
- Influence, evangelize and engage SRE practices with development, operational and product groups to align technology service.
- Drive accountability with well-defined metrics and goals, leading incident management, postmortem and following and reporting on action items.
- Own end to end availability, latency, reliability and performance of the mission critical services and instill engineering reliability into Affirm’s development cycle with an emphasis on fault tolerant methods.
- Define, measure and report SLI, SLA and SLO
- Implement metric driven processes and drive service quality
- Build command and control automations to quickly fail away to reduce TTR and reduce manual work/eliminate Toil.
- Manage and assist with on-call and triage rotation
- Linux, Networking and AWS experience
- Project and process management
- Experience working in an enterprise large scale complex systems environment.
- Passion for performance and operations excellence, robustness and engineering mindset.
- Experience with containerization and container platforms. (e.g., Docker, Kubernetes) and fault tolerant approaches in a large-scale distributed environment.
- Software development experience in Python/Kotlin/Go
- Deep understanding of systems and network internals.
- Recommends or helps architect an entire system. Understands and applies knowledge of scalable and reliable system design.
- Business phone
- OS X
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Flexible Spending Wallets
- Leisure package for families
- Financial bonus
- Parental Support
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Away Days (on top of PTO)
- Company Phone
Affirm’s mission is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. By building a new kind of payment network — one based on trust, transparency and putting people first — we empower millions of consumers to spend and save responsibly, and give thousands of businesses the tools to fuel growth. Unlike credit cards and other pay-over-time options, we show consumers exactly what they will pay up front, never increase that amount, and never charge any late or hidden fees.
The company was founded with the goal to create honest financial products and services that empower consumers and improve lives. It aims to revolutionize the banking industry to be more accountable and accessible to consumers. Today, Affirm provides shoppers an alternative to traditional credit cards at the point of sale, giving them the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments for their purchases. Unlike payment options that have compounding interest and unexpected costs, Affirm shows customers upfront exactly what they’ll pay each month — with no hidden fees and no surprises. Affirm partners with over 6,000 merchants to give shoppers the option to pay with Affirm at checkout including well-known brands across retail including home furnishings, travel, personal fitness, electronics, apparel and beauty, and more. Loans are made in partnership with Afirm’s originating bank partner Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC.
Jeffrey Kaditz, Max Levchin, and Nathan Gettings established the San Francisco, California-based company in 2012. Max Levchin is the CEO.