Affirm is reinventing credit to make it more honest and friendly, giving consumers the flexibility to buy now and pay later without any hidden fees or compounding interest. We've opened an office in Poland with a goal to hire a substantial team of talented engineers within the first year.
You’ll accelerate and empower Engineering and Product at Affirm and have an impact on our customers by preventing outages and defects. Our team is growing and looking for a Backend Senior Software Engineer to help build a full-stack test platform to enable teams to move faster. Come join us!
New hires who commence employment with Affirm before June 30, 2022, and are employed for one year, are eligible to receive 100,000 zloty as a sign-on bonus
- Delivers projects in conjunction with immediate teammates and occasionally other Engineering teams.
- Drives detailed project definition, design, cross-functional alignment, estimation, in addition to task break-down, delivery, monitoring, and maintenance.
- Reviews other’s code and designs and provides constructive feedback to meet our high quality standards.
- Provides input into planning for our product, code base, infrastructure, team goals, and roadmap.
- Experience: 5+ years as a Backend Engineer (Python experience is a plus).
- Technical: solid engineering fundamentals; backend and test automation experience.
- Strong internal consumer focus - listening to engineering and product manager needs and following through is a must
- Business phone
- OS X
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Flexible Spending Wallets
- Leisure package for families
- Parental Support
- Generous Vacation Policy
- Away Days (on top of PTO)
- Company Phone
Affirm’s mission is to deliver honest financial products that improve lives. By building a new kind of payment network — one based on trust, transparency and putting people first — we empower millions of consumers to spend and save responsibly, and give thousands of businesses the tools to fuel growth. Unlike credit cards and other pay-over-time options, we show consumers exactly what they will pay up front, never increase that amount, and never charge any late or hidden fees.
The company was founded with the goal to create honest financial products and services that empower consumers and improve lives. It aims to revolutionize the banking industry to be more accountable and accessible to consumers. Today, Affirm provides shoppers an alternative to traditional credit cards at the point of sale, giving them the flexibility to buy now and make simple monthly payments for their purchases. Unlike payment options that have compounding interest and unexpected costs, Affirm shows customers upfront exactly what they’ll pay each month — with no hidden fees and no surprises. Affirm partners with over 6,000 merchants to give shoppers the option to pay with Affirm at checkout including well-known brands across retail including home furnishings, travel, personal fitness, electronics, apparel and beauty, and more. Loans are made in partnership with Afirm’s originating bank partner Cross River Bank, a New Jersey State Chartered Commercial Bank, Member FDIC.
Jeffrey Kaditz, Max Levchin, and Nathan Gettings established the San Francisco, California-based company in 2012. Max Levchin is the CEO.