Come create the technology that helps the world act together
Nokia is committed to innovation and technology leadership across mobile, fixed and cloud networks. Your career here will have a positive impact on people’s lives and will help us build the capabilities needed for a more productive, sustainable, and inclusive world.
We challenge ourselves to create an inclusive way of working where we are open to new ideas, empowered to take risks and fearless to bring our authentic selves to work.
The team you'll be part of
Our Business Group is a leader in wireless mobility networks and associated services. With more than 3.500 patent families essential for 5G we have a strong 5G portfolio and are a front runner in open and virtualized radio access networks (O-RAN and vRAN).
You will be recruited as Release Train Engineer (RTE) for the Tracing and Licensing ART in NetAct and Network Operations Master (NOM).
The Release Train Engineer (RTE) is a servant leader and coach for the Agile Release Train (ART). The RTE’s major responsibilities are to facilitate the ART events and processes and assisting the R&D teams in delivering value. RTEs communicate with stakeholders, escalate impediments, help manage risk, and drive relentless improvement
What we offer
Nokia offers flexible and hybrid working schemes, continuous learning opportunities, well-being programs to support you mentally and physically, opportunities to join and get supported by employee resource groups, mentoring programs and highly diverse teams with an inclusive culture where people thrive and are empowered.
As part of our team, you will:
- Manage and optimize the flow of value through the ART by delivering features, Improvements, PoC, etc.
- Foster collaboration between teams and system-level stakeholders
- Facilitate PI planning readiness and the event itself
- Drive ART Scrum of Scrums meeting and track execution of ART deliverables via periodic synchronization meetings, including the ART sync at the Program Level
- Escalate and track ART impediments, help to manage risks and dependencies across teams - take execution decisions impeding deliveries across teams
- Facilitate relentless improvement for the ART via Inspect and Adapt workshops
- Foster Communities of Practice and the use of engineering and Built-In Quality practices
- Ensure common practices are followed across teams (e.g. Tools, Templates, MoO, etc.)
- Facilitate Program Kanban and collaborate with other RTEs/STE
- Coach leaders, teams, and Scrum Masters in Lean-Agile practices and mindsets
Your skills and experience
- Must be BE/BTech Degree or Diploma holder in Computer Science or related fields with 7+ years of experience in Software Development
- 2-4 years experience in leadership roles like R&D Line Manager, Product Owner, Project Manager, Program Manager etc
- Technical person with good program execution expertise, who can manage and organize teams around many tasks
- Analytical mindset and good problem-solving skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication
It would be nice if you also had:
- Experience in supporting the commitments made by the Agile teams and encourages the personal development of teams
- Ability to empathize with others and persuade rather than using authority
- Systems thinker approach, who guides people & teams into problem identification and decision-making
- Style guide
- Code review
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git / Gerrit
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Personal container
- Business phone
- OS X
- Methodology: Scrum, SAFe
- Architectural decisions are made by: Architects and Tech Leaders
- Who chooses technology: Architects
- Project management software: Jira
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Language courses
- Money for moving expenses
- Adaptation tips
- Temporary housing
- Visa Services
- Help finding an apartment
- Flight ticket
- Bicycle parking
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Integration events
- Car parking
With more than 104,000 specialists employed worldwide, Nokia is the world leader in the creation of innovative technologies at the heart of our connected world. Driven by research and innovation of Nokia Bell Labs, we serve providers of telecommunications services, governments, large businesses, and consumers with the most comprehensive portfolio of products, services, and licenses in the industry. From the infrastructure that enables the operation of 5G and the Internet of things, to the developing applications for virtual reality and digital health, we shape the future of technology to transform the human experience.
The R&D Centre in Wroclaw was founded in 2000. It employed 10 employees at the time. In 2013, we already employed more than 1800 people. In 2016 there were over 4200 of us. We are currently the largest institution of research and development in the ICT sector in Poland and we are still looking for new specialists. Nokia’s technology center in Wroclaw plays a key role in the global structure of the company. It shows in the number and the rank of projects implemented by us in Wroclaw. We are one of the three largest Nokia technology centers in the world and one of the two company units dealing mainly with software development. Our programmers are involved both in the manufacturing process of the products and in the technology development, from the concept to deployment processes. These are international projects, requiring cooperation with offices from the most remote corners of the world.
See our latest news on our Facebook:https://pl-pl.facebook.com/TcWroclaw
Follow our job offers: https://nokiawroclaw.pl/careers/oferty-pracy/
The R&D Centre in Kraków was founded in 2011. In 2020 we reached out 1000 employees and we are still looking for new specialists.
Our engineers are involved in the whole process of creating technologies: from specification, to the development of software and its testing, to its presentation to customers around the world. The daily work of Kraków experts has a real impact on the shaping of technology that changes our reality.
Working with us gives you the opportunity to participate in ambitious, commercial projects that use modern programming languages such as C ++ 11, C ++ 14, C ++ 17, Python and agile software development methodologies: CI, Scrum.
See our latest news on our Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/nokia.krakow
Follow our job offers: https://nokiakrakow.pl/careers/oferty-pracy/
Nokia Technology Center in Bydgoszcz is the leading employer of the city and the region with over 1,000 specialists in 6 departments and has one of the most modern virtual laboratories in Poland. Our engineers design and develop applications for network configuration, create and test solutions for their implementation, expansion, and modernization. The Industrial Competence Center factory deals with the engineering and optimization of the supply chain, thanks to which thousands of our telecommunications cabinets are delivered all over the world. We are also the leader in the innovation of permanent access to the network. Our solutions are used in the largest, fastest and most advanced fixed broadband networks in the world.
See our latest news on our Facebook: www.facebook.com/nokiabydgoszcz
Follow our job offers: https://nokiabydgoszcz.pl/careers/oferty-pracy/