Our client is one of the biggest online retailers worldwide with yearly revenue of £2+ billion, the headquarter is based in the UK. Built to change the nature of grocery e-commerce globally, our custom-designed solutions are uniquely capable of meeting the complex and developing expectations of shoppers while driving better productivity, greater flexibility, and higher margins for grocery retailers online. We have a long history of relationships and over the years have helped the client to develop web portals and mobile apps, delivery control systems, staff management tools, data storage, and much more.
- Google Cloud: BigQuery (Legacy and Standart SQL), Storage, Composer (Apache Airflow, Python 3.6).
As a Data Engineer, you will be part of a team that researches, designs, and maintains an automated cloud computing service model (DBaaS) on clients' Infrastructure platforms.
Our team has 5 developers (1 in Lublin and 4 in Wroclaw) and 1 PM (UK) on DataArt’s side + 3 developers and 2 managers on the client side (UK).
- Developing and supporting services that provide for the deployment and management of relational and NoSQL database technologies
- Providing tools for monitoring, managing, alerting, and improving customer database performance
- Developing and implementing automated processes that ensure the uninterrupted updating and correction of database vulnerabilities
- Publishing documentation that enables a smooth transition of database services from the build and development phase to production support
- Providing consultations, training, and mentoring for the development team
- Active participation in upgrading systems
- Root cause analysis and troubleshooting
- Support for production systems must be prepared for regular on-call duty
- Proficient in SQL
- Basing knowledge of GCP, in particular such components as: BigQuery, Cloud Storage
- Experience in working with RDMS (Oracle)
- Experience in working with large volumes of data
- Experience working in similar roles as a Data Engineer
- Experience and maturity to define prioritize, and estimate tasks
- Database best engineering practices
- Expertise in writing SQL (preferably BigQuery: Legacy and Standart SQL)
- Data structuring and design skills (preferably data warehousing), experience in designing ETL processes
- At least B2 English level
- High communicativeness
Nice to have
- Experience with public clouds
- Java or Python programming skills
- Basing knowledge of GCP, in particular such components as: DataFlow, Pub/Sub, Airflow
- Style guide
- Code review
- Pair programming
- Static Code Analysis
- Code metrics
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Integration tests
- System tests
- Performance tests
- Manual testing
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- OS X
- Methodology: Agile
- Architectural decisions are made by: Team
- Who chooses technology: Architect
- Project management software: JIRA
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Language courses
- Temporary housing
- Visa Services
- Adaptation tips
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Chill room
- Integration events
DataArt is a global software engineering firm that takes a uniquely human approach to solving problems. With over 20 years of experience, teams of highly-trained engineers around the world, deep industry sector knowledge, and ongoing technology research, we help clients create custom software that improves their operations and opens new markets. Powered by our People First principle, we work with clients at any scale and on any platform, and adapt alongside them as they evolve.
We integrate our engineering excellence with deeply human values that drive our business and our approach to relationships: curiosity, empathy, trust, honesty, and intuition. These qualities help us deliver high-value, high-quality solutions that our clients depend on, and lifetime partnerships they believe in.
DataArt has earned the trust of some of the world’s leading brands and most discerning clients, including Nasdaq, Travelport, Ocado, Centrica/Hive, Paddy Power Betfair, IWG, Univision, Meetup and Apple Leisure Group among others.
DATAART IN NUMBERS
- 5000+ professionals.
- 25 years in operation.
- 26 offices in the USA, Europe, and Latin America.
- 13 countries.
- <10 % attrition rate.
- 31% women.
- Glassdoor review score — 4.8.
Team satisfaction survey 2020
- 95 % of our team members are ready to recommend us as a good employer to their friends.
- 92 % of our team members are ready to spend 2+ more years of their career with us.
- 75 % are satisfied with their total deal with DataArt.
- Healthcare & Life Sciences.
- Retail & Distribution.
- Travel, Transportation & Hospitality.
- Media & Entertainment
OUR CULTURE AND PRINCIPLES
People and relationships are the foundation of our success. We invest in long-term relationships, with our colleagues and clients alike. We’re a global technology consultancy with deep tech and domain expertise. We embrace change and foster an environment of experiment and learning which lets us illuminate our talents and apply them within our ecosystem.
PEOPLE FIRST: our relationships with clients and colleagues are based on mutual respect, no matter our differences.
EXPERTISE: open up your potential within DA ecosystem.
FLEXIBILITY: experiment and learn, embrace change.
TRUST: is at the core of our relationships with partners and colleagues. We lead via context and let professionals do their work the best they can.
Our policy of equal opportunities in employment
We are committed to promoting equal opportunities in employment. You and any job applicants will receive equal treatment regardless of bias including age, disability, gender reassignment, marital or civil partner status, pregnancy or maternity, race, color, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion or belief, sex or sexual orientation. DataArt is committed to providing a working environment free from harassment and bullying and ensuring all staff are treated, and treat others, with dignity and respect. Our commitment to promoting equal opportunities and creating the workplace free of harassment and discrimination is supported by the implementation of respective policies and controls, provides an appropriate environment to encourage good performance and conduct at all its working locations, at all times.