We are looking for a Engineering Manager to join our visionary team of developers on our quest to drive technical innovation and lead the evolution of ecommerce. We are a tight-knit, young and professional team located Wroclaw, Poland and Stockholm, Sweden. The team member we are searching for needs a prolific skillset and an eagerness to grow, learn and solve problems as a team.
As an Engineering Manager you will be responsible for driving our front-end projects making sure that the code base is well-architected and of the highest quality. You will act as a key player for solving problems and making sure solutions we build are the most efficient, maintainable and fulfil the requirements. As a senior developer, you will be mentoring and coaching more junior colleagues, helping them to develop their skills and become better programmers. Being a Team Lead, you will be the main person responsible for front-end engineers' performance reviews and development plans.
- Headless e-commerce platform for fashion & lifestyle brands
- A portfolio of clients from some of the most renowned fashion brands in Europe (ie. Chantelle, Stronger)
- Secured a €10M series A funding round
- Hybrid work culture (spend 50% of your week in the office and 50% where ever you like to work from )
- Contract flexibility (contract of employment or B2B, you choose)
- A team where you can run your own projects and be trusted with your work
- Workation to leave the office for a couple of days or weeks and combine work with leisure
- Possibility to travel and work between our Stockholm and Wroclaw offices
- Bi-weekly massages in the office
- Luxmed medical insurance plan to keep you healthy
- Multisport Plus card and a pack of fitness buddies to join you on your journey to getting fit and strong
- A non-hierarchical work-environment where you’ll have a lot of impact and space for growth
- A budget for participating in educational programs, meet-ups, and other events related to your profession
- Establishing and executing upon the technical vision
- Working together with our backend architect lead, the (business side) product leadership and all other product stakeholders to design the product roadmap from an engineering perspective
- Coaching, mentoring and evaluating team members and drive their development
- Ensuring front-end codebase is well-architected, tested, meets the coding standards and is of the highest quality
- Be a part of the development team and take part in sprint to build our products
- Cooperating with the Product Owner and Scrum Master on high-level epic estimations and refining the tasks as needed
- Working closely with the Scrum Master to ensure sprints are progressing as planned and sprint goals are met
- You have 5+ years of experience building modern web applications in a commercial environment
- You have extensive React.js and Typescript experience
- You are a hands-on programmer, eager to do the work yourself and possess can-do attitude
- Have strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Have experience leading front-end teams building in-house products
- You possess good interpersonal, leadership and conflict mitigation skills
Centra Front-end stack includes
- React, Redux/MobX
- PostCSS, CSS Modules, css-in-js, HTML5
- e2e testing: Cypress.io
- GitHub, CircleCI, Trello, Heroku, Digital Ocean, Slack
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Adaptation tips
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Money for moving expenses
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
We are a tight-knit, young and professional team located in Poland and Sweden.
We’re shaping the future of e-commerce by building a tech-driven platform that enables Direct-to-Consumer and wholesale e-commerce brands to grow and accelerate globally. We are growing exponentially, and our application is battle- and stress-tested by some of the strongest brands in the business. With over 4 000 000 orders processed last year, and an ability to handle thousands of API calls every second, we aim to go even bigger – with zero limits ahead. We use Redis, Elasticsearch and a lot of caching to produce API endpoints that are performant and hard to kill.
We are looking for people who want to have a real impact. Not only because of the fact, that our platform help with building milions of ecommerce shops - but also because we are trying to create a space where everyone can be heard - with their ideas, needs, comments. Who do their work with passion and look for a good place for development.
In Centra, we trust our employees, we give a lot of freedom in action, and at the same time - teamwork is very important to us.
We will provide you not only ability to work with new technologies, but also amazing atmosphere and time with great people - and it's not only vain promises, or publicity stunt (although our marketing department is also great 😉).