- The main application you will be working on is a scalable, high-performance API for supporting large-scale e-commerce websites (thousands of API calls per second).
- The API has features for e.g., product catalog, shopping cart and checkout. It is a rewrite of functionality in an existing application, that the same team is maintaining and migrating the functionality from piece by piece.
- The old application has grown organically with changing requirements, and we have decided to rewrite the API functionality from the ground up, with a changed architecture.
- We are implementing the main business logic as a GraphQL API written in PHP 7 on top of a MariaDB database.
- We use ElasticSearch and Redis and a lot of caching to produce an API that is very performant and hard to kill.
- We will generate events using change data capture with Debezium and feed those through Kafka. On top of this, we are implementing a caching proxy as a Cloudflare Worker using TypeScript.
- We work according to Scrum and our teams are self-organizing, meaning the teams themselves decide on what tech stack to use for a particular project and how to best deliver.
- We are all very ambitious and love to learn, and we hope you do too.
- We spend a lot of time coaching each other, pair programming, and sharing knowledge.
- We organize and sponsor the PHP and TypeScript meetups in Wroclaw (we promise they will be back after Covid!).
- Headless e-commerce platform for fashion & lifestyle brands
- A portfolio of clients from some of the most renowned fashion brands in Europe (ie. Chantelle, Stronger)
- Secured a €10M series A funding round
- Top-tier salary based on your skills, experience, and performance (up to 17 000 PLN B2B net + vat or up to 14 000 PLN gross on the contract of employment)
- Hybrid work culture (spend 50% of your week in the office and 50% where ever you like to work from )
- Contract flexibility (contract of employment or B2B, you choose)
- A team where you can run your own projects and be trusted with your work
- Workation to leave the office for a couple of days or weeks and combine work with leisure
- Possibility to travel and work between our Stockholm and Wroclaw offices
- Bi-weekly massages in the office
- Luxmed medical insurance plan to keep you healthy
- Multisport Plus card and a pack of fitness buddies to join you on your journey to getting fit and strong
- A non-hierarchical work-environment where you’ll have a lot of impact and space for growth
- A budget for participating in educational programs, meet-ups, and other events related to your profession
We look for...
- Someone ambitious. We are all ambitious and our goal is to build a world-class product
- Good understanding of modern PHP 7/8 and modern programming in general
- Passion for writing beautiful, minimalistic code that is easy to understand and maintain
- Passion for performance and optimization. You need to understand how indexes work in SQL, how to create efficient queries, and how to profile and debug your application
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills as well as a good eye for details (useful for code reviews!)
- Team spirit and a sense of ownership as you will help your team deliver the code all the way to production
- English is our working language, so you need to be a fluent English speaker.
Our current stack:
- Apps: PHP 7, Typescript,
- APIs: GraphQL and REST APIs
- Frontend: React, Redux
- Databases: MariaDB / MySQL, ElasticSearch, Redis
- Platform: AWS, Digital Ocean, Docker
- Build Deploy Pipeline: Gitlab CI, Jenkins
- Monitoring/Debugging: Grafana, Sentry.io
- Healthcare package
- Healthcare package for families
- Leisure package
- Leisure package for families
- Language courses
- Financial bonus
- Money for moving expenses
- Temporary housing
- Help finding an apartment
- Visa Services
- Adaptation tips
- Open to Ukrainian candidates
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
We are a tight-knit, young and professional team located in Poland and Sweden.
We’re shaping the future of e-commerce by building a tech-driven platform that enables Direct-to-Consumer and wholesale e-commerce brands to grow and accelerate globally. We are growing exponentially, and our application is battle- and stress-tested by some of the strongest brands in the business. With over 4 000 000 orders processed last year, and an ability to handle thousands of API calls every second, we aim to go even bigger – with zero limits ahead. We use Redis, Elasticsearch and a lot of caching to produce API endpoints that are performant and hard to kill.
We are looking for people who want to have a real impact. Not only because of the fact, that our platform help with building milions of ecommerce shops - but also because we are trying to create a space where everyone can be heard - with their ideas, needs, comments. Who do their work with passion and look for a good place for development.
In Centra, we trust our employees, we give a lot of freedom in action, and at the same time - teamwork is very important to us.
We will provide you not only ability to work with new technologies, but also amazing atmosphere and time with great people - and it's not only vain promises, or publicity stunt (although our marketing department is also great 😉).