Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. Our teams automate, digitize, and transform the way more than 75 million people around the globe bank and shop in this hyper-connected, consumer-centric world. Join us in connecting people to commerce in this vital, rewarding role.
We are looking for Software Engineers that will be responsible for maintenance and support of next generation retail software platform. This is a disruptive new software product for the retail space (grocery, specialty retailer, and department stores) based on a cloud-native micro services architecture. It is also an API oriented platform that will form the foundation of a new retail ecosystem for our customers with a new approach to the Point of Sale, store solutions, and core backend integration running from the cloud. NextGen’s technology stack consists of: Angular, Kendo UI component library, .Net Core, Web API, Redis, RabbitMQ, Jenkins, Docker, Git, Jira and Confluence.
Location: We can offer a hybrid model from Katowice or Wrocław or fully remote option (depends on skills & expertise)
Who are we?
We are a small and flexible team of ca. 12 developers based in Wroclaw and Katowice. In our day-to-day work we focus on fixing bugs and maintaining the software solution for world’s largest retailers. Our typical day starts with a virtual team meeting where we split tasks, share knowledge and discuss the hardest cases. Then we go get the job done. No steps to reproduce? For us it’s not a problem – sometimes you need to play detective to discover what’s really hiding under a reported bug. Every day is a challenge here!
What makes us so special?
- The product we are going to maintain is an innovative retail platform based on microservices
- Flexibility and personal preferences are really important to us: we try to link each person’s area of interest to the existing problems and solutions
- We do not limit the job only to coding: if you’d like to grow as a solution architect or scrum master, you can be involved in such tasks
- We are open-minded, friendly, straight-forward and passionate team!
- are looking forward to be a part of something that will change the world of retail
- like challenges and cooperation with the others
- are eager to learn from more experienced developers
- want to gain experience working with a large system/application in an international organization
- are bored with doing the same tasks over and over again
- prefer to understand the whole system instead of coding one module or a part of the application
- appreciate other activities developer’s job besides coding like planning, estimating, building and delivering the SW
…then this job is for you!
- Maintain and deliver bugfixes to high-end solution for world’s largest retailers
- Investigate and repair defects located in existing software
- Estimate and implement small change requests
- Develop and maintain products with new architecture based on containers
What do we require?
- 2+ years of experience building, and maintaining web applications
- Experience on backend with C#, ASP.Net Core, Entity Framework, Redis, RabbitMQ, Web API and proven ability to write reusable and maintainable code
- Experience with full software development life cycle, continuous integration, unit testing, and version control
- Experience with SQL/ Non-SQL databases
- English (Intermediate or higher)
What would be nice to have (or willingness to learn)?
- Experience with containers, preferably Docker and Kubernetes, understanding of microservices architecture
- Experience with Azure Cloud and understanding of architecture
- Contribution to open source projects
- Familiarity of Jenkins, Git, Jira and Confluence
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Healthcare package for families
- Bonus Roczny
- Referral Program
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
- Chill room
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. We are a world leading provider of ATMs and Point of Sales (POS) solutions that supports banks, financial institutions as well as big retail clients from food & beverage, cosmetics, fashion, furniture and petrol industry. In Katowice we have one of three global centres where retail software in born. We have been present here for over 20 years growing to 300+ employees. And we are still not done! Join any of our four teams:
- In our Research & Development department we have 7 teams of different sizes (5-25 people) consisting of: architects, software engineers, quality assurance analysts and DevOps engineers. R&D team create range of products for Retail and Banking with recent focus to next generation, cloud-based POS products offered to our clients who are key retail brands worldwide. The new product is based on cloud, containerisation, .NET Core, Angular 10 and React.
- In our Professional Services department we are closely cooperating with our global retail customers customizing our POS products to their individual needs and specification. We work with various versions of our products: be that desktop, web or cloud based application and we are bringing customers’ instore experience to the next level via cashless checkouts and digital payments, self-service solutions or fully unattended stores.
- In our Maintenance & Support department we have a small and flexible team of circa 20 software engineers and QA engineers based in Katowice and Wroclaw. In our day-to-day work, we focus on fixing bugs and maintaining the world’s largest retailers’ software solution. Sometimes we also develop additional features.
- In our Global Practice department we have a team of Architects, Business Analysts and DevOps Engineers responsible for creating tools, processes, trainings and support to earlier mentioned departments with the current focus of building an end-to-end CI/CD pipeline and trainings for our NextGen SaaS products.