Polcode is a global, remote-first software house on a mission to help companies build and improve their digital businesses, software platforms, eCommerce stores, websites, apps and everything in between. Many of our clients run Magento 2 to power their international online storefronts.
We’re looking for a Magento Developer to join our rapidly growing eCommerce software teams. We’re flexible with requirements, so if you are a candidate who has a majority match, but do not meet 100% of the requirements, that’s OK! We’d still love to hear from you.
What you’ll do in the role
- Build, integrate and customize advanced modules and performance specifications for the Magento 2 platform
- Work collaboratively with business leads, design, development, and project managers
- Troubleshoot store issues & provide insightful solutions
- Follow the best practices and coding standards
- Communicate clearly your progress, timelines, & deliverables
- Participate in daily stand-ups with the production team
- Contribute to improvements to development processes & lifecycle
- Work in projects tailored to your core technologies or develop new interests within the company
- Personal development budget: classes, conferences, certification and events
- Work at times that suit your daily rhythm, from the place of your choice
- Competitive salary with up to 20 paid days off
- Professional onboarding process conducted by mentors and internal teams
- Opportunity to play the role of Tech Leader in projects and decision-making (Senior role)
- Develop your interests: Become a speaker at prestigious conferences and workshops, publish on our blog, help recruit developers, advise business partners in making strategic decisions or, at the senior level, act as a project leader or mentor. The choice is yours
- Team integration events where you will see why our employees appreciate working at Polcode, and how friendships made with us last for years
- Multisport card, private medical care, life insurance and meaningful gratuities from HR
- 2+ years of experience in custom Magento 2 development
- Expert knowledge of Magento code architecture
- Good knowledge of JS frameworks (like Backbone, AngularJS, Ember, React, etc.)
- Familiar with the Linux / Apache / PHP / MySQL environments
- Knowledge of basics of Git version control systems and PHP and Docker
- Familiar with eCommerce processes, technologies, & best practices
- Able to write clean, well-documented, efficient code, with knowledge of page load performance optimization
- Knowledge of English at least at a B2 level
- Launched commercial eCommerce projects in the past
- Hold Magento developer certifications
- Experience with other eCommerce platforms (Shopify, BigCommerce, WordPress etc.)
- Code review
- Knowledge Base
- Version control: Git
- Unit tests
- Automated testing
- Additional monitor
- Freedom to select tools
- Methodology: Agile
- Architectural decisions are made by: Tech Lead
- Who chooses technology: team
- Project management software: Redmine / JIRA / Trello
- Can switch project
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Hot beverages
- Integration events
Polcode Sp. z o.o.
Since 2006, Polcode has delivered excellence in digital services and has become one of Poland’s leading software houses. We are a Polish company at heart but our international clients are based in the USA, Canada, Western Europe and more.
Our team of over 150 professionals helps both startups and world-leading digital companies build products, grow their business, and scale their workforce globally. We excel at open source technologies: PHP (Laravel, Symfony), Ruby on Rails, Python, React, VueJS, Angular or Magento to build amazing experiences for our clients. Our achievements propel us forward to do bigger and better things.
We support personal development and work–life balance by ensuring training budget and offering a fully remote work mode and truly flexible working hours. We believe that creating outstanding software can be paired with ambitious talent and making friends along the way. Respect, openness and readiness to help are the key elements making up a good team. Aside from experience and eagerness for development, we value a sense of humor and friendly atmosphere at work.
Join us and make sure that at Polcode people always come first.
Learn more at www.polcode.com