About the client: Our client is a UK subsidiary of a global financial house working in multiple markets and asset classes.
About the project: We are looking to expand our team with a Senior Window Server Engineer. Successful candidate will become a part of a client team responsible for all aspects of the Windows Server estate across the client's organization
About our team: Rapidly expanding group developing and supporting a range of client projects.
About working environment: Our team primary locations are Kiev, Warsaw. We are working remotely in client environment. Currently the team operates fully in WFH mode.
- Take part in daily health and compliance checks for all Production systems as required
- Ensure all Windows Server systems are backed up successfully and any issues are promptly resolved
- Validate monitoring alerts are detected promptly and satisfactorily resolved
- Ensure sufficient capacity is available to accommodate projected BAU & project growth
- Respond to emails sent to the team distribution list in a timely manner.
- Handle incidents and requests with efficiency and a "customer first" mindset
- Maintain Windows Server platforms in a highly available, reliable, secure and performant manner
- General maintenance activities
- Provide technical support to application support and development teams
- Provide consultancy to application support and development teams
- Execute disaster recovery procedures when necessary and take part in regular DR tests
- Ensure patches and security updates are applied as per defined policies
- Maintain all operational procedures to ensure they are current and accurate
- Take part in On-Call & weekend work rotation; triaging and addressing production issues as they arise
- Identify cost saving and optimisation opportunities across the group.
- Build strong working relationships across the organisation
- Adhere to the core values of the bank.
- Windows Server 2k8 / 2k12 / 2k16 / 2k19 related technologies
- PowerShell (which is a key requirement for this role. At least a working understanding of PoSH. Not looking for scripters/developers, but the ability to write for loops and use basic commandoes it’s paramount)
- Understanding of CI/CD pipelines and other automation concepts
- Git or other source code control software
NICE TO HAVE
- Security hardening principles in line with CIS industry benchmarks.
- Knowledge of networking, storage, database and virtualization layers
- Clustering and high-availability technologies
- Replication and disaster recovery
- Security and auditing
- Excellent knowledge of data security governance and regulations such as GDPR and SOX
- TCP/IP Networking Protocols
- Other scripting languages (batch, VBS, VBA & Python nice to haves).
- AWX / Ansible Tower
- REST API integration
- Service Now automation /integration
- Good working knowledge of GitHub, Subversion and TeamCity / similar tools
- Splunk and QRadar
- Understanding of DNS
- Nutanix HCI.
- EMC and HDS storage arrays
- EMC Networker, Data Domain and IBM Tivoli Storage Manager
- ESX VMWare
- IBM Tivoli and Netcool
- Active Directory, LDAP and Kerberos
- BMC Control-M
- SharePoint, JIRA and Confluence
- Working knowledge of cloud computing - IaaS, PaaS and SaaS offerings across Azure, AWS, GCP and Oracle
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, is a global digital strategy and software engineering firm with about 18,000 international employees within its 44 offices in 21 countries. It is headquartered in Zug, Switzerland.
In 2000, Luxoft was established in Moscow under the direction of Dmitry Loschinin. In 2008 it acquired ITC Networks in Bucharest. In 2013, Luxoft was listed on the New York Stock Exchange, following an initial public offering of 4.1 million shares at $17.00 per ordinary share.
In January 2019, Luxoft was acquired by U.S. company DXC Technology. Luxoft partnered with LG Electronics to create a next-generation Autonomous Mobility concept vehicle that integrates consumers' personalized digital lifestyles into a driving experience. Luxoft enabled Switzerland's first Blockchain based e-vote platform with the City of Zug and Hochschule Luzern's Blockchain Lab.
Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company is a world-renowned company. It has been present on the Polish market for over 11 years. We have offices in Krakow, Warsaw, Wroclaw, and Tri-City. We employ almost 2,000 experienced experts carrying out projects for over 40 clients from the financial, automotive, medical, tourist industries, etc. We work for many international clients, including the USA, Great Britain, and Switzerland.
So far, Luxoft Poland has made a name for itself as a company that offers work on innovative projects, we offer various experiences in the field of IT, opportunities for rapid development, an extensive training program, and attractive benefits for employees.
At present, 62% of Luxoft Poland employees come from Poland, and 38% from around 50 countries, including Ukraine, Brazil, Russia, India, Belarus, Turkey, Spain, Portugal, Italy, Romania, USA, etc.
At Luxoft, a DXC Technology Company, as much as 85 percent of employees are experts with the "Senior" experience level, with at least five years of experience. We care about our employees, so every day we try to provide them with the best possible conditions for work and development.
Technology is our passion! We focus on top engineering talent means that you will be working with the best industry professionals from around the world. Because of that, Luxoft is a global family with an epic atmosphere – we love what we do!