DN recently launched a disruptive new cloud-based software platform for the Fuel & Convenience platform. We plan now to leverage that platform also to create our next generation general retail software platform. This will be a disruptive new software product for the retail space (grocery, specialty retailer, and department stores) based on a cloud-native micro services architecture. We will be creating an API oriented platform that will form the foundation of a new retail ecosystem for our customers with a new approach to the Point of Sale, store solutions, and core backend integration running from the cloud.
- Contribute to a multinational microservice-oriented cloud-based project with latest technology stack
- Determine and utilize best practices in design, coding, testing and maintenance to achieve high quality product
- Provide with the expertise and support migration of client-side application to Angular 6+
- Apply best practices and experience in development
- Analyze, design, code and implement new functionality
- Participate in code reviews and feature development planning
- Cooperate with multinational team and suggest decision of implementation
- Provide direction and coach team members
- 2+ years of experience building and maintaining web applications
- Experience with full software development life cycle, continuous integration, unit testing, and version control
- Understanding of microservices architecture
- Hands on experience with ASP.Net Core, Entity Framework, Angular
- Experience with Git version control system and Jira
- English (Intermediate or higher)
- Contribution to open source projects
- Experience with cloud technologies and services would be a plus
- Experience with Docker would be a plus
- Experience with SQL/ Non-SQL databases
- Ability to work in Agile environment with minimal guidance
- Team player
- Attention to details and code quality
- Ability to work independently as well as in the team
- Continue self-improvement by learning new technology stacks and tools
- Healthcare package
- Leisure package
- Healthcare package for families
- Car parking
- Bicycle parking
- Cold beverages
- Hot beverages
Expect more. Connect more. Be more at Diebold Nixdorf. We are a world leading provider of ATMs and Point of Sales (POS) solutions that supports banks, financial institutions as well as big retail clients from food & beverage, cosmetics, fashion, furniture and petrol industry. In Katowice we have one of three global centres where retail software in born. We have been present here for over 20 years growing to 300+ employees. And we are still not done! Join any of our four teams:
- In our Research & Development department we have 7 teams of different sizes (5-25 people) consisting of: architects, software engineers, quality assurance analysts and DevOps engineers. R&D team create range of products for Retail and Banking with recent focus to next generation, cloud-based POS products offered to our clients who are key retail brands worldwide. The new product is based on cloud, containerisation, .NET Core, Angular 10 and React.
- In our Professional Services department we are closely cooperating with our global retail customers customizing our POS products to their individual needs and specification. We work with various versions of our products: be that desktop, web or cloud based application and we are bringing customers’ instore experience to the next level via cashless checkouts and digital payments, self-service solutions or fully unattended stores.
- In our Maintenance & Support department we have a small and flexible team of circa 20 software engineers and QA engineers based in Katowice and Wroclaw. In our day-to-day work, we focus on fixing bugs and maintaining the world’s largest retailers’ software solution. Sometimes we also develop additional features.
- In our Global Practice department we have a team of Architects, Business Analysts and DevOps Engineers responsible for creating tools, processes, trainings and support to earlier mentioned departments with the current focus of building an end-to-end CI/CD pipeline and trainings for our NextGen SaaS products.